Chapter Forty Nine

The holiday season passed by so quick yet so memorable. So, I spent my Christmas with the Sprouse and I got closer to Melanie even though we only spent two days together but she shared so many things about Cole and Dylan that Lili and I don't even know and I bet Cole and Dylan would probably not tell us those things in the future.

I gave the Sprouse and Lili some sweaters because when we did the Christmas shopping, I felt like sweaters were the only thing I can think of. I also gave Dylan a new video game I found online in addition to the sweater to show him that I love him more. I got books from Mr. Sprouse and Melanie since Dylan mentioned to them my decision on shifting majors, Cole and Lili both gave me these cute earrings since I became obsessed with them over December though I don't know why and lastly, Dylan gave me this sophisticated dress in which I think cost a million, a poetry book and a handwritten letter. We just stayed home for Christmas since we all assume that there will be tons of people in the mall, in the park or just simply outdoors.

Lili left late in the afternoon and Cole drove her back home and he would probably stay over there. As for Mr. and Mrs. Sprouse, they went to this fancy restaurant for their dinner date and as for Dylan and I, we may or may not did some Christmas miracle. I really enjoyed our short Christmas celebration.

The next day, Dylan and I visited his friends from high school since I also wanted to meet them. They are all very nice and friendly and a complete opposite on the description Dylan told me. They probably didn't know the truth about Dylan's cheating scandal but I can tell that they don't even care about it because I can tell that they must really know the real Dylan. They also told me some embarrassing stories about Dylan back then that he wasn't always the cool one back then. They also tried their hardest not to mention Steph but I just let them continue because I know that Steph was also a big part of Dylan's life. We finally bid our goodbye since we have to fly over to California to meet my brothers for skiing. It was our post-Christmas tradition so I tagged Dylan along with me.

When we got there, I was bombarded with hugs from my brothers and even Frankie hugged me so tight. This ski trip is actually their Christmas gift to us because they all contributed for the expenses... By they, I mean Kevin and Joe only. Gemma also joined us for the trip because they were part of that tradition. Gemma said that Harry was over to his girlfriend's house thus, he wouldn't be able to join us. As soon as Gemma told us about that, I saw the smirk painted across Dylan's face but of course, I felt a little bit sad because he will not be here but then again, I am also relieved that he isn't here because trouble or awkwardness will just be laid on the tables if ever. Anyways, Gemma's boyfriend, Greg, Joe's girlfriend, Sophie, and Nick's new girlfriend, Priyanka were also here. Dani wasn't able to go here because she has to take care of Alena and Valentina and she knows that this is our tradition so, she insisted that Kevin should join us. Also, she went over to her family so she could also spend it with them.

We all bonded over skiing and over drinking and over just conversing. This time, it was my brothers' turn to share embarrassing stories but I wouldn't lose this fight because I also shared their embarrassing stories in front of their girlfriends so I wouldn't be the only one humiliated.

After the 3-day ski trip, Dylan and I went to New York to have our own celebration of New Year. Initially, my friends and I will spend the new year but Abriana got an emergency, Justin couldn't make it either and so on and on so eventually, it was cancelled.

We checked in to this familiar hotel and once I snapped out of my slow-side self, I realized that it was the same hotel room when I lost mine to him. Dylan told me that he almost lost this room to a "gross-looking" couple (as he described) but luckily, he charmed the hotel manager to give this room to us instead. But he probably bribed the poor manager because he insisted that the hotel manager is a guy.