Chapter Forty

Same old Harry. Even if I claim that I'm okay, he'll persuade me to talk. Most of the times, I give in because back then, I trust him with everything but when I stay stubborn, he'll just hug me till I have the courage to share to him what's bugging me.

"It's not really a big deal. I heard my dad on the phone how he faked everything last night just to get the trust of my mother and brothers and to prove that he changed. And I, being the naive and stupid one, almost believed in him", I confessed and I just looked down. I am ashamed of myself especially towards Harry. He knew everything and I know he's thinking how stupid I am for believing despite everything that happened in the past.

He raised my chin so I can look up to him, "Oh Jassy, remember that even if he is your father, the absence of his love will never diminish your worth and how amazing you are. He will be the same douche and I wish your mom would see that too but hey, I lov... there are so many people who loves you so you don't need his love, okay?"

"Harry, I'm not cheating if I ask a hug from you, right?", I asked him because I know his point and I appreciate it but his words are not enough. I need his hug to feel his sincerity and so I can truly believe at his words.

"Oh my innocent Jassy. Of course not", he chuckled and he just pulled me and gave me a hug. It didn't feel like the old times but the warmth from his hug still exists. It does not entirely reassure me that everything will be alright maybe because his hug has no longer that kind of effect on me since I have found that effect from Dylan's.

I really appreciate Harry hugging me but now, it is so clear to me that what we had is over because it does not feel like the same anymore. He will always be my best friend but I'm grateful that I finally confirmed to myself that I have moved on from him.

After we pulled away from each other, he asked me, "Jassy, want some ice-cream to make you feel better?"

"You know me so well", I giggled and wiped away the tears from my eyes.

So, we went over to this small ice-cream parlor we used to go to back then. We usually date here because Mr. Jones makes these amazing homemade ice-cream. Also, he is the nicest man in this town of ours and he always have this sweetest smile.

"Good morning, Mr. Jones", Harry greeted as soon as we saw him. He gave us a hug and I definitely missed him.

"Oh, it's Harry and Jassy. How are you two? People said you broke up but I didn't believe at them", he chuckled but Harry and I just looked at each other.

"We have actually." Harry said and Mr. Jones immediately frowned. "But we both miss your home made ice-cream"

"Then, I'll personally make it for you.", he then smiled again. Nick mentioned that Mr. Jones retired from making ice-cream but it's so sweet that he's specially making us today.

"Nothing beats the classic", I cooed as we patiently waited for our ice-cream.

"But I believe that you'll be together again at the end", Mr. Jones chimed as he went to make our ice-cream. I just looked at Harry and gave him a smile. I don't really want to argue that I have someone already to Mr. Jones and I don't want to make things awkward between Harry and I and I don't want to make it seem like it's a total mistake being with Harry.

After we received our ice-cream, Harry and I went outside to eat it.

"So, why did you become a player?", I suddenly asked Harry that made him cough and choke a little.

"Harsh question, little Jassy", he chuckled, wiping away the ice-cream he spat.

"I'm actually curious. Because it seemed like you changed. It's like you're a different person when people describe you or even when you describe yourself", I told him honestly becausw again, when I'm with him, he looks like the same guy I dated back then like nothing changed.

"Why do I seem different?", he raised his eyebrow.

"No. I don't see you different that's why I'm curious why it seemed you're a different dude to other people", I explained to him as he exhaled.

"Because they don't deserve the real me. You, my mom and my sister deserve that part of me. I got into alcohol and smoking and girls and tattoos because I'm afraid. I have this little voice inside my head that destroy me but with those vices, I forget such", he answered truthfully. I never thought he have these thoughts because he was so strong. He would always empower me when I'm feeling so low and so weak and he would always be the positive to remove the negativities within me but little did I know that I wasn't able to return the favor.

"You don't think it's because of our breakup? Or just I'm really sorry... I probably made you more of my therapist than my boyfriend when we were toge-", he quickly cut me off as he wiped away the tears from my face in which I didn't even notice. I'm crying so much these days from Cole's, to my dad's and now, from Harry

"Jassy, don't feel guilty. I think it's the pressure that got into me. I'm always living to the standards even I can't. Harold would always be that good son, good student and good boyfriend. I got tired of always maintaining that image. I know it's good but it's getting toxic, you know? Because I'm no way near of being a good one because in reality, I'm just surrounded by good people. I don't deserve that.", he explained and though I don't want this to be about me, I still feel like it's my fault that I'm the big factor why he felt and done this.

I reached out my hand and covered his eyes, "Don't ever listen to that voice, find my voice inside your head telling you that you deserve good things because you are good. Goodness comes within. Okay? I didn't know you experience such. Schedule for a therapist but for now, I want you to listen to me, okay? Harry, I may be in love with someone else but I still love you not romantically though... just enough love to let you know that I'll always be here for you"

He pulled me into a hug and I hugged back but suddenly, someone coughed at the back. I turned around and it was Dylan.

"Oh, Dylan. Uhm, this is Harry, my neighbor and Harry, this is Dylan, my boyfriend", I quickly pulled away from Harry and introduced them to each other.

"Isn't he your ex?", Dylan raised his eyebrow. How did he know I'm here? It's not like I'm doing something bad but he told me he was going to text me if he's near plus he doesn't even know this place.

"Yes as in the past. Hmm, Harry we have to go.", I said, quickly pulling Dylan away from here because I need to explain to him the situation.

"Sure, it's nice meeting you, lad. I hope you take care of her, she's fragile and...", Harry said but he was cut off by Dylan.

"Yes, I get it. And I will even without your orders", Dylan exclaimed as he tighten his hold on my hands and we both walked away from Harry as I mouthed sorry to Harry as he just smiled.