Chapter Thirty Nine

After dinner, I went to my room and just sat on my chair. I'm really confused right now and I don't know if my dad changing is a good thing because it's really weird for me. He hated me ever since I was born and I can't believe he was just throwing all of those in one night. It feels so foreign to me that I'm questioning if this is right.

Suddenly when I looked out the window, Harry was there in his room, holding a sketch book and written on it was "Are you okay?"

I grabbed my sketch book and a marker to write something back. In the past, we used to this because we used to think it's cheesier than phone calls.

"I'm fine, Harry" I wrote

He wrote back, "You sure?"

I nodded and wrote, "Good Night, Harry"

Then, Joe knocked on my door, instructing me to go downstairs. After going downstairs, my brothers and I started to drink since I'll be leaving tomorrow. My parents just let us have the night to ourselves as they hit the sack.

"Let's play some truth or dare", Joe suggested as Nick hit him.

"Really, Joseph? That's the game you thought of", Nick chuckled.

"I'm going to bet my whole fortune that you're always playing this game at every party you attend to. Plus, do you want to play 7 minutes in heaven instead? First, I'm not into the incest thing. Second, you're not my type", Joseph argued as Nicholas just gave in. "And it's a really nice game for us to catch up"

Joe changed the game into truth or truth since we can't make a lot of noise since our parents are asleep because we usually make stupid and outrageous dares that surely will make a lot of noise. Joe spun the bottle and it landed on Frankie. Even though my mother is skeptical on Frankie joining us, Kevin reassured that he'll take care of Frankie.

"Are you dating anyone, Frankster?", Joe asked and he was immediately hit by Frankie.

"I'm not. But I have this girl I like named Alice. She is one year ahead of me but we talk sometimes", he told us. Frankie is really a straightforward guy and he is really honest. Frankie spun the bottle and it landed on Joe.

"Hmm, what's your biggest fear?", Frankie asked in which the atmosphere got serious and by the looks of it, Joe would give a sincere answer.

"I fear that we wouldn't be like this in the future. Like our family has always been dysfunctional from the start but we were never bothered by it, we are still close and all but I fear that maybe in the future it will be too much and we wouldn't be able to handle all of those so I sincerely fear for that day to come.", he really answered seriously. Joe was always the funny guy but to see this side of him is very refreshing.

He spun the bottle and it landed on me.

"Have you done it with Dylan?", Joe straightforwardly asked as I coughed, obviously taken back by his question.

"Uhm, I guess I'm going go around the bush. Yes, I have done it. I have told him that I love him because that is what I truly feel. I'm happier when I'm with him and I'm comfortable telling him all these secrets of mine. He listens and he takes care of me. I know his past especially when Nick met him, I'm probably his 100th or more but it doesn't feel that way. When we became friends, I know he changed.", I admitted to them. I wanted them to know him because for I know, Nick has still this uneasiness because of Dylan's old habits.

"Also, I didn't really choose him that night though I'm really happy he was with me. I was afraid that I will be neglected again on that night so I chose to be brave and just ran that's why I'm so sorry if I ruined it.", I apologized, probably the alcohol was already taking over because I'm such a lightweight chick.

"Stop apologizing, Jasmine. We were insensitive too as we didn't consult you first but Jassy, we love you so much", Kevin said and just hugged me as I was already crying. Joe's right about his biggest fear because it's my current fear too.

"Since you're saying sorry, I want to say sorry to you. You're my older sister yet you are afraid of me. Yes, I was mad at you as I thought you ruined our family but I was more mad at you because you didn't tell me anything about dad and the things he done to you. I should have never hated you if you said those things to me because I would understand", Frankie surprisingly confessed. I didn't even know he knew about what happened.

"Because I don't want you to hate him. He have done nothing wrong to you so I rather have you hate me than hate him. I'm sorry", I apologized too. I just went to his side and hugged him.

"I know it will take some time but please, let me replace Joe as your favorite brother", Frankie chuckled as I too.

"He's not really a competition, Frankie.", I said as I wiped off my tears.

"Hey, you're not even my favorite sister", Joe joked as we just continued to talk basically about everything.

We finished at 2am as we all went to our respective rooms. After cleaning up, I looked out the window and saw Harry's message: "Always here if you need me, Jassy"

I smiled and wrote something back though I know he's already asleep and posted it on my window, "Thank you, Harry"

Morning came and I had already over ten missed calls from Dylan. I immediately called him.

"Good Morning, beautiful", he greeted as I giggled.

"Good morning to you as well. Are you already on your way here?", I asked.

"Mom won't let me go. She did an hour speech on how she'll miss me but she eventually did let me go. I'm actually stopping by to get you some burgers", Dylan chuckled.

"You know me so well. Well, see you soon and don't text and drive. I'll be here waiting", I told him then hanged up.

I went downstairs but I'm the only one awake aside from my mom because I can still hear snores from my brothers' rooms. Mom told me to bring something to one of our neighbors so I did so.

Suddenly, I heard my dad on the phone.

"Listen, I'm faking it because I don't want my wife and my children to reject me because I'm being rude to that stupid little girl.", he said as I ran away.

I can't believe that last night was just an act. I already felt something was off last night and tonight, it makes sense. He was just faking it. I actually considered him changing for real but luckily, I heard that conversation. I really can't believe him. Is he even my father?

I was walking by the park after running away because it's my favorite place in the town. I just needed some time alone. I wanted to tell Joe what happened but I don't want him to hate my father. Also, my father faked it and it was hard for him I guess to pretend he liked me. I called Cole but he won't answer and I remembered we're in a no speaking relationship. I then called Dylan but he said that he was driving and I don't want him to use his phone when driving especially if what I'll share to him is something deep. He might speed up or wreckless drive here so I rather not. I just have to be alone.

"Jassy, what are you doing... oh you're crying... why are you crying?", Harry asked as he wiped my tears with his hands. "Sorry, I don't have any handkerchief with me"

"I'm okay. I'm just jogging and exercise is not really my forte so I am crying", I came up with a lame excuse but I know he didn't buy it. But I can't think straight right now.

"I'm not asking if you're alright, I'm asking why are you crying? Is it because of your boyfriend? your father again? siblings?", his voice raised as he grabbed my wrist.

"I just miss this place." I sobbed. I really want to be alone right now. It's not like I totally believed in my father last night but why does it hurt so bad to hear that he's only pretending? I was not surprised he still hates me but it stings.

"Fuck, Jasmine Torres. Speak up or you'll explode when you keep it inside. What's the matter? I'm your friend and I can't give you a hug right now because I know you're in love with someone else so my hug would be useless but I want to help so please tell me why are you crying?", Harry held both of shoulders and looked me in the eyes. I stared at him for a while and thought "same old Harry.".