Scotty and the Racer- Star Trek AU

Warning: A small suggestion of intimacy.

Being the only female on the MotoGP circuit a lot of attention was on you from the press; especially more so now as this weekend was the last race of the season, and if you came in first on the last race on Sunday you would be the first female MotoGP champion.

Despite the hullaballoo that surrounded you, at least you had your pit crew to rely on, and yours had been together since the beginning of your career.

Jim Kirk was your manager, and took care of the press, personal appearances, endorsements, and everything else in between.

Spock was the most logical and sensible one of the bunch, he looked after logistics, and made sure that you complied with your factories requests and demands.

Doc 'Bones' McCoy was always on hand just in case you ever had a spill. The year before your machine had hit some oil from a previous crash; the bike went squirrely and spat you off, sending you through a gravel trap like a rag doll. Luckily, Bones had been one of the first on the scene, and your recovery had been short.

Finally, there was Montgomery Scott, or Scotty as you and the guys called him. The Scotsman was your chief mechanic and engineer and kept your factory Ducati running better than any other bike in the field.

You and Scotty had been an item for 2 years now, and thanks to Jim's creative spin, you had managed to keep the relationship secret from the press.

Scotty was everything you had hoped for in a man; he was kind, caring, funny and a genius with anything mechanical, and that lilting Scottish accent always made you weak at the knees. Having known each other for years, you had always had a bit of a crush on him but believed that it was nothing more than friendship on his side; that was until the first race of the year, two years ago. The night before the first race of the Qatar GP, you found yourself in the pits late at night with Scotty, covered in grease, and bits of motorbike everywhere as Scotty expertly put the machine back together.

"Tell me again Scotty why I'm here?" You joked as you wiped grease of your hands with a rag.

"I'm the one that rides it, you're the one that fixes it." You said, smiling at the Scotsman who had just wiped grease all over his nose.

'Well lassie, between you, Jim, Spock and Bones, I'd rather have your company when I'm putting YOUR bike back together." Scotty said, smiling as he indicated that you too had grease on your face.

"Well, I think there was a compliment in there somewhere." You smirked.

"I tell you what, why don't I order take out and we can have a break, I'm starving. Once we've eaten, I'll help you put our girl back together." You suggested hopefully.

"Aye, that's a good idea lass, we cannae properly fix our little Enterprise on empty stomachs."

You laughed at Scotty's comment; no matter how many bikes you'd had, no matter the manufacturer, Scotty had always dubbed your bike 'The Enterprise' and it stuck, becoming an inside joke with you and the rest of the guys. Sometimes you were sure that Scotty liked your bikes more than he liked you.

As you sat eating Chinese out of the boxes, sitting on a blanket that Scotty had put down on the floor of your pits, you couldn't help but stare.

His coveralls were covered in grease and oil, his nose still had the smudge of grease on it, as you couldn't bring yourself to tell him it was there, not wanting him to wipe it off as he looked too damn cute.

His dirty blonde hair was a mess, he had dirt under his fingernails, and he looked like he hadn't slept all week; but all those things just made you like him all the more, and you couldn't stop the wide smile that formed as you kept your eyes on him.