Nygma and the Doctor - Ed Nygma x Reader

Warning: A kidnapping

Being in Arkham had one positive as far as Edward was concerned. 

Ed Nygma sat in his chair waiting for his favourite doctor to show up for their meeting. Her visits were the highlight of his week, and he always looked forward to seeing her beautiful face.

Edward sat up straight as the door to his room opened and the young woman stepped in; no matter how bad his week had been, her smile would always make him feel better. She sat down in the chair across the table from him placing down her notepad and pen.

"Good morning Edward, and how are you today?" Oh, how Edward loved that voice.

"Good morning Doctor (y/l/n), I'm quite well thank you. Much better for seeing you." He said, as that familiar pink hue that he loved so much, flushed her cheeks.

"Well, that's very good to know Edward. Now, can you tell me has anything changed since I saw you last?" She asked while flicking through her notepad.

Edward stayed quiet for a moment. "Doctor, could I ask you a question?" He asked with a mischievous glint in his eye.

"Edward, I'm the one supposed to be the one asking you questions; but as long as you promise it's not a riddle than I suppose you can." She said happily.

Edward placed his elbows on the table and dropped his face into his hands.

"Why do you work here?" He asked.

She thought for a moment. "Well, the work is interesting and varied, and there's never a dull moment. Also, I'm fond of my patients and I want to look after their welfare" she answered.

"So, you care about your patients? Even me?"

She giggled softly. "Of course, I care about you Edward, I'm hurt that you might think I don't."

"But I'm a murderer (y/n), I've done bad things."

"Edward, all of my patients have done bad things, that's why they are here."

"So, you don't mind being surrounded by murderers and psychopaths that might hurt you if they were given half a chance?" Edward's eyes stared into hers as she contemplated her answer.

"I don't think of my patients like that, it's not my job to judge; my job is to help as best I can. I only want what's best for my patients." Edward smiled as he saw the look of sincerity in her eyes.

"Who's your favourite?" he asked abruptly.

She looked at him, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Favourite what?"

"Well, I know that Oswald and Jerome are also your patients, so my question is who is your favourite?"

She laughed as Edward looked at her with puppy dog eyes.

"Firstly Edward, I don't discuss other patients; and secondly, I don't play favourites; I'm very fond of all three of you. Now, where are you going with all these questions?"

"I just wanted to know if I was special to you, because you are special to me." Edward said as he took her hand in his, smiling broadly as he watched her cheeks turn a delightful shade of crimson.

"Edward, that is hardly appropriate."

Edward squeezed her hand gently and moved in closer, watching as her chest rose and fell dramatically.

"It may not be appropriate my dear, but your hand is still in mine, and you are holding onto it quite tight."

Her eyes dropped to their hands; their fingers intertwined; she quickly pulled her hand away.