Lady Hawk - Clint Barton/Hawkeye x Reader

So, I gained inspiration for this imagine from a movie from the 80s called 'Lady Hawk'. I hope that you enjoy.

The mission had gone to plan. Nat had got the files that they needed.  Bucky and Steve had done what they do best. And Tony had flown overhead, showing off and basically, well basically just being Tony.

The Hydra base had been destroyed, and the team were making their way back to the Quinjet. Clint slowly following behind the others, sure that he could feel every bruise, cut and sprain. For once, feeling like he was getting too old for all of this.

As he made his way to the back of the plane, he spied a sudden movement out of the corner of his eye which caught his attention. Something was moving. Something on the floor not too far away. And with curiosity getting the best of him, he decided to go and investigate.

As he made his way towards the movement, he realised that it was a bundle of feathers screeching out in pain. Stepping closer, and cautiously moving the feathers, smoothing than back down, he realised that the screaming creature was in fact a hawk. But one like he had never seen before. Its eyes were of the brightest green. Its talons seeming to glint like silver in the sun. And its feathers were black but appeared to shine and glimmer in an opalescent kaleidoscope as the slowly setting sun hit them.

Kneeling by the creatures side, Clint could see that the hawk had been hit in the shoulder by a bullet. The pained screams from the creature making even the hardened archer feel sick. He knew he had two choices. The first, to put the creature out of its misery. The second, he could take it with him and try and nurse the beautiful thing back to health.

"Well, what do I do with you little one?" Clint asked the bird. The creature stopping its cries for a moment, as if it understood what he had asked. Its green eyes peering into his.

"I tell you what. As long as you promise not to bite or claw me, I promise to try and fix you up. Deal?' The archer asked. The bird closing its eyes and seeming to whimper slightly. Seemingly trying to stay as still as it possibly could. Clint taking off his jacket and wrapping the raptor up.

"Come on, I'll take you to meet the rest of the team. Clint chuckled, as he boarded the jet with the feathery bundle in his arms.

"What the hell do you have there, Barton?" Tony yelled out, as Clint joined the rest of the team.

"None of your business Stark. Just fly the jet. I'm busy." Clint replied, as he placed the hawk down on a bench and went to get some medical supplies.

"Clint what have you found?" Natasha asked, as she came up behind her old friend.

"Don't tell the tin can, but it's a hawk. I found it on the way back to the jet. I couldn't just leave it there it must have been shot during the mission." Clint explained as he opened his jacket to show Natasha. The widow looking down at the archer's new feathered friend.

"I've never seen a hawk look like that before Clint. She's beautiful'. Natasha said. Smiling at Clint as she cautiously touched the bird's delicate feathers.

"What the hell makes you say that it's a girl?" Clint enquired. Sounding slightly confused at Nat's comment.

"Of course, it a girl. Have you seen the ways she's looking at you? You've obviously got a fan." Natasha replied, nudging him and laughing.

Clint looked at the bird and slowly removed his jacket completely. The hawk's eyes were fixed on him, but it didn't move. Clint grabbing some bandages and starting to wrap the creatures wing and shoulder. The poor thing screeching in pain, yet still not biting him.

"Clint! What the hell are you doing bringing that flea-bitten thing on board my jet?' Tony shouted at the archer, as he stomped over towards him.

"It is not flea bitten; it is a hawk. And she's on this jet as I am going to look after her." Clint declared as he glared at the billionaire. Tony moving closer so that he could better examine the offending article.

"It looks flea bitten to me." Tony huffed. Tony not realising that he had gotten too close until the bird bit him on the arm, causing him to stumble back, holding the wound.

"The damn thing bit me. It bit me!"

"Serves you right for insulting her Stark. She is a majestic bird of prey not a common pigeon. Treat her with respect, or when she's well I'll let her loose on your metal ass."  Clint retorted as he turned back to the bird and finished the bandaging.

"Good girl. I can at least see you've got good taste in men. And if he gets too close, you have my permission to bite him again." Clint told the bird, as he chuckled quietly. 

>>---------------------------------<<

"Bruce can you give me a hand?" Clint asked as he made his way into the doctor's lab. Laying the hawk down on of the tables. Bruce looking up from his work and walking over to see what Clint had.

"I found her after the mission. She must have been hit by a stray bullet. Can you help?" Clint explained to Bruce, as he opened the bundle.

"I'm no expert on birds, Clint. But I'll have a quick look." Bruce replied, as went to get some gloves.

"This one is a good guy. He's gonna try and help you, so don't bite him ok?" Clint whispered as the hawk looked at the new man. Moved slightly as if trying to get comfortable and then laying still.

"It's not as bad as it looks Clint. It will take some time for it to heal, and I think there might be a broken bone. But I'll try and splint it so that it won't move." Bruce told the archer, as he hesitantly removed the bandages that Clint had applied.

"I must admit Clint, I've never seen a hawk like this. From the little I know; raptors don't normally have green eyes. I've also never seen one with this kind of plumage." Bruce explained as he carefully splinted the wing and rewrapped it. Clint enveloping the bird back in his jacket as the doctor finished his work.

"Yeah, she is kind of special, isn't she? Clint replied as he looked into the hawk's eyes. The pair making their way back towards his rooms.

"Well, what do you think?" Clint asked. The bird looking up at him as he pushed open the door.

"It's not much but its home." The archer continued, as he grabbed a pillow and placed it on top of the dresser, before placing the bird on top of it.

"So, as you are going to be staying with me for a while, I suppose I should introduce myself. The name is Hawkeye, or Clint whichever you prefer." Clint said. The bird looked at him and letting out a low screech.

"I guess I should give you a name too." Clint mussed, as he mulled things over in his mind, before announcing his decision proudly.

"I believe that it would be best to call you Lady Hawk. Its regal, and to the point. What do you think? I think it suits you."  Clint said. The bird looking at him and screeching again.

"Well then little one, that's decided. Lady Hawk it is." Clint chuckled. The archer yawing as he rubbed at his sore muscles.

"Well Lady Hawk, I don't know about you, but it's been a long day for me. I think that we would both feel better if we got some sleep." Clint told her, as he gently stroked the hawk's feathers. His new friend rubbing her head against his hand.

"Looks like Natasha was right, girl. I do have a fan." Clint chuckled, before making his way to the shower. The archer returning and climbing under the sheets on his bed.

"Night Lady Hawk. If you're good, I'll let you bite Stark again in the morning." Clint said. Smiling as the bird screeched and closed its eyes. The archer turning off the lights. 

As the night grew darker and the bright new moon shone through the windows in Clint's room, a woman sat on top of the dresser watching him as he slept. The female gently lowering herself onto the floor as she held her injured arm. Walking over to Clint, she carefully sat next to him on his bed, stroking his face with her long delicate fingers, before quietly leaving his room.