“Yes, exactly.”

“Was it Ignacios’ father? Alpha Jophiel.” He asks.

“I wish, that would be more interesting. But no, he died before that. You should really look into the Alpha next after him.”

Not the current Alpha’s father. He breathed in heavily, trying to remember who was next. Who was the Alpha after Jophiel?

“Stylinson…I remember. Larry Stylinson.” He looked at her, seeing a nod in her response.

“Yes, the one and only.”

He wanted to ask more, but the musk of the woods and another wolf in the building caused him to shut up. Its strong odor made him cringe.

“We have a visitor…” Esme stood, grabbing a dagger from her back pocket. “Let’s make a deal, wolf.” She says.

~•°•~

Gael’s stomach knotted, sensing he was not going to like what was going to happen next.

In the address he was given by Edward’s scout, he had found a hotel. Felix slowly stalked its halls. He had now found the wolf he was looking for. As he stood in front of the wolf’s room, he was immobilized.

“Gael…?” He whispers. He had captured the doctor's scent.

He wondered if his target was the doctor.

How would Lyra feel about this? He thought.

She would be beyond devastated. He stood still, wanting to assess the situation.

He shook his head and grabbed the doorknob and entered the room. His hand immediately reached for his knife and trained it into the air. But the room was empty. Only the smell of two wolves remained heavily.

A creak behind him caused him to spring up and charge, seeing a shewolf leaping towards him. He dodged and rolled on the floor, widening his eyes as he tract every single minute movement she made.

“Good, reflexes.” She laughs.

“I can do better.” Felix turned and picked up a vase beside him. The vase flew over to her, shattering above her head after ducking down.

“Keep that up and the police will come and pick us up.”

She was right. Felix lowered his gaze and sprinted towards her, closing the gap between them. He pinned her into the floor and held her hands up above her head.

As he did so, she only laughed. Not wavering in her current situation.

“Hmm, you like it rough, don’t you?” She winks at him.

He frowned, still putting pressure onto her hands. He was not about to let her go. Her carefree nature was already a sign that she had something under her sleeves.

“Speak your name, wolf.” He whispered.

“Esmeralda, nice to meet you.”

Even though Felix had her in a position that was not of her favor, she still kept her smug grin as if she was taking pleasure in their current form.

“I’m sorry, Felix.”

Felix looked over his shoulder, meeting a terrible punch into the face. The last thing he saw was Gael’s uncertain face.

A few moments later, Felix moved from side to side, trying to free himself off the ropes that constricted him. He was squatting on the floor. Blood oozed slowly from his nose as the sting of Gael’s punch still lingered.