Chapter 79

Mia’s Pov.

Blood.

Fresh, deep, cold blood spotted across the hallway.

My heart sinks. Sammie-Jo’s eyes widen.

“Oh no.” She whispers.

The house is silent. Not a sound to be heard.

“Damien!” Sammie shouts.

There’s no answer. Not even a sound to be heard.

“Where are they?” I ask Sammie.

“I’m not sure. You stay here.” Her voice is cracked, silently talking.

“No I want to find Harry.” I refuse.

“Mia if you listened to any word I was telling you in the car, you must understand how dangerous Damien is. I don’t know what state we’re going to find him or Harry in right now but you have to stay here. Stay quiet.” Sammie stares into my eyes, making me swallow every piece of advice she is telling me.

I nod in agreement, not knowing what to say. Sammie takes the stairs, taking each step with care but also with rush.

 My mind turns to questions. Where’s Harry? Is he okay? Is he hurt? Is he even alive? Of course he is. He is my Harry. The strong, tough fighter I know him to be.

Maybe I should ring Niall? He surly would help. No I can’t do that.

A shiver runs like a snake through my body as my mind possesses Sammie-Jo’s words in from the taxi.

‘Damien wants you. He wants yours and Harry’s baby to grow up calling him Daddy. He wants to see Harry torn apart. You’re his prize.’

Sammie’s words torture my mind. Spinning around and around, making me feel sick. I rub my hand around my bump.

“It’s okay. Daddy will be okay. You’ll only ever have one Daddy.” I repeat.

Why does Damien want me? I’ve never seen or spoken to him in my life. Who does he think he is? Hitting Sammie? The vile, disgusting creature! He doesn’t even deserve a name.

Suddenly my mind stops. Silent!

My ears now take control as I listen closely to voices occurring from the…kitchen.

Muffled mutters are all I hear. I can’t make any sense from the sentences. Suddenly a shout appears. A voice I’m more than familiar with.

“Get the fuck off me!” It’s Harry.

Not sparing another second, I run down the hall to the kitchen. I hear fast footsteps coming down the stairs.

“Mia don’t go in there. He will harm you.” Sammie-Jo tries to catch up with me but I’m too far ahead.

Bursting through the kitchen doors, I see Harry and Damien. They have a hold of each other’s collars. So close, clenched jaws.

“Get off him.” I stare at…Damien.

Once my presence is known in the room, there head shoot in my direction.

“Mia go. Please just go.” Harry’s blood, cut face softens.

“Mia, the lovely Mia. It’s nice to have you here.” Damien says icily.

Harry’s attention draws back to Damien as he shoves Damien back into the kitchen table, making chairs screech across the floor. I jerk my shoulders up to my ears, drowning the reckless sound.

Just as Harry is about to come over to me, the devil plunges back.

“Damien Stop.” Sammie screams.