48: The Day The Chef Almost Got Burned

Start from the beginning

"It's really nice to meet you. I hope I could have met you in a better situation." I told them and they sent me a smile, telling me they understand.

"It's okay, Biya. We understand."

"By the way, this is Marcus and Ronaldo. I believe Ronaldo is well acquainted with your son."

"Yes. I'm friends with Milos. Good morning." Ronaldo spoke with such grace and yet he kept his guard up. He smiled slightly before bowing at all of them. They all said 'Hi' surprised as I was with the way Ronaldo held himself. I guess they were used to Milos being distant and quiet most of the time.

"Boun giorno, everyone. I'll be working with Milos soon. It's a pleasure to meet the significant people in his life." Marcus broke the silence in the room.

"Oh. What fine gentlemen you are. Pleased to meet you two." They all shook hands and I was left in the room standing, staring at the sleeping Milos who looked like he was still in pain. I looked at his stat and saw that he was in pain medication. I pressed the button to call the nurse so I can see if I can help him ease the pain he was having. A nurse came in a minute, his chart on her hands. She instantly recognized me and told me they were still monitoring him. Checking his info, I told her that I would register him a better dosage of pain medication and when I did, his body relaxed and he looked calm now. I smiled, grateful to help him even in this small act.

"Will my son be okay, Biya?" Liza asked holding his son's left hand.

"He'll be okay. He needs to rest and get all his wounds healed."

"Oh. Thank goodness!"

"Thank you, Biya. For everything. You have been very generous with us. You are a great help." Ador came beside me.

"Si. The food that you send us here so we won't have to worry about leaving our son alone, the free stay in the hotel across the street and you personally visiting us here are very helpful. Grazie mille!" Liza thanked me again and I hid the curiosity I had with the food and hotel they had mentioned. Emil's name popped up with those things. He gave them food and a place to stay? I smiled and nodded.

"Not a problem." After the visit, Marcus, Ronaldo and I went back to the parking lot where Emil was waiting. He's got the windows rolled halfway down and had killed the engine. I could spot two more men standing beside the car, guarding him.

"You arranged everything for them, didn't you, Emil?" I asked him the moment I stepped inside his car.

"Yeah. It's the least that I can do." He smiled and I kissed his cheek, grateful that this man was thoughtful even to people he didn't personally know.

"Thank you."

"I should do this more often, shouldn't I? If that means you kiss me on the cheek." I laughed while his eyes glimmered. Ah. I really missed him.

"To the airport, Marcus." He then said to Marcus who just started the engine.

"Yes, Sir."

"You really don't need to do this, Emil. I am okay driving to Naples. I am used to it." I drive fast and with my car, I'll be with Geno in no time. I missed my son a lot. These days seemed to make me go farther and farther away from Geno.

"Can I hold your hand?" His question came out of the blue and it surprise me.

"Huh?"

"C-can I hold your hand?" He asked again, his eyes on my hands which I was fiddling with my orange dress.

"Yes." He smiled and took my hands and held them tight.

"I know you can drive there, Biya, but the situation is different right now. We can drive there as many times as you want but not now. So, please let me do this to you? I can't bear you driving out there when we don't know who Vicenzio is and what he is planning to do." I heard him explain and I bit my lip, guilty that I want to do whatever I wanted to do without thinking much about Vicenzio.