"My daughter," he said as he kissed her cheek.

The Southerner's scent wafted into her nose as Edward embraced her.

"Where are you going?" She asked.

"I gotta go and do a perimeter check, the Beta ordered every scout to hunt the area every night after the Alpha was attacked." He said.

She took leaned away from him. The smell was unsettling, somehow Lyra wanted to shift into a wolf and defend herself. The scent of the Southerner's Alpha hangs above the air like a grim cloud that made her grimace with worry.

"Ned, what's that scent?"

He raised a brow, cocking his head to his side. "What scent?"

"It's so foreign," she paused trying to pace her heavy beating heart. "I smell the South."

"Oh, that's probably just me. I've spent way too much time around Southerners it wouldn't be a surprise if I was starting to turn into one of them." Felix butted in.

'Don't believe anyone.' Ignacios' words came back to her for a second time. She nodded and played along.

"Yeah, I guess you're right." She said.

"If that's all it then, I better get going." Edward went for the door and disappeared into the woods.

Lyra sat with confusion plaguing her mind. She was no doubt afraid and frustrated. Either Felix was clueless or he was covering up for Edward.

~•°•~

Diego wrapped his arms around Lois' waist. She looked at him, his eyes made her lips quiver with nervousness. She didn't know what she was feeling. Her heart kept beating erratically when he was near her.

Lois touched his face, feeling his warm skin burn for her touch.

"Your hand is cold." He kissed her hand.

In the bed that they laid on, Lois felt safe in his arms. Slowly, she found herself trying to love him as he loved her. She knew things were about to change, especially now that Ignacios was back. But she tried to keep herself strong, having Diego her rock.

"You make me nervous." She whispered.

The string in her heart was tugged when he smiled, his brown eyes watching her with overflowing love.

"I sure hope so, that could mean so many things."

Lois lowered her head into his chest, the smell of his body making her squirm. His manly scent was enthralling. Her work slowly howled in bittersweet pleasure. It was already a week from the deed she had done to Gael and her wolf knew something in her body has changed. She was with child with Gael.

"It does." She answered with a low voice.

It was scary to think that their plan had worked. The plan she and Diego had planned out together. Lois felt the pain of regret shoot through her veins. She had involved an innocent wolf in their heinous plan. It made her shiver.

"What's wrong?" Diego felt the distress in her body.

"It worked...I'm going to be a Luna."

"Oh." Diego looked at her with despair and sadness in his eyes.

"Are you mad?"

He shook his head. The way his eyes brightened with sureness caused a feeling of dread rise from her depths. She watched as he brushed off the sad expression that marred his face and smiled.

"No, of course not," he says, leaning into her face to plant a kiss into the tip of her nose. "We both know it would come to this."

Lois thought how selfish she was. She was afraid to hurt anyone that loved her, but there she was again. Taking Diego's love without giving out hers.