| Chapter 52 |

Chapter 52:

A A L I Y A H  P O V

I shut my eyes tightly as the sun shone through the curtains. I faced away from the curtains and tried to go back to sleep again. I groaned into the pillow when I couldn't go back to sleep I opened my eyes and realized I was in Austin's room. I must have slept over yesterday.

Yesterday was amazing, I thought to myself. Seeing Austin so happy was refreshing. For the first time he forgot about the negativity taking place in his life.

I looked around the room and noticed Austin wasn't here. A folded note on the bed caught my eyes while I was scanning the room. I unfolded it, immediately noticing Austin's slightly messy handwriting.

dear Aaliyah

when i first met you i was new at school and for some reason i couldn't stop staring at you. not because you were the only black girl at school since you went to a predominately white school. you were so beautiful not only on the outside but also on the inside, and i noticed that when you offered me your lunch back in fifth grade. you might not remember this since it happened a few years back. i was friends with the popular kids at school. i just wanted to feel like i belonged somewhere and feel accepted as well. when people heard that i was sleeping with different girls they called me the schools bad boy. but they never knew why i slept with different girls. they never knew the night terrors that followed me every single night. but unlike my foster dad, i didn't rape those girls. as soon they heard i came from a rich family, they wanted to be under my covers every single night. even though i slept with all those girls they still weren't you. i approached you on one fine day and i told you how i felt about you but you rejected me. i felt humiliated and rejected. my friends wouldn't stop teasing me about it. i wanted revenge. i wanted you to feel how i felt when you rejected me. which is why i embarrassed you and humiliated you infront of the whole school. even though i seemed fine at school the abuse got worse at home. i felt hopeless. helpless. useless. i couldn't protect my mom and jessica. i couldn't take it anymore so i decided to end it all. just two deep cuts on both my wrists and the pain would end forever. but i failed. my mom and jessica found me on time. when i returned from the hospital, my foster dad was waiting for me, and he was sober. he told me he was going to give me a punishment i was never going to forget for trying to commit suicide. but unfortunately my mom couldn't take me back to the hospital. she didn't know what she was going to say to the doctors. she was afraid they were going to take me away from her. so i had to heal at home. that's when you came back to my life again. i never thought in a million years you would come back to provide care for me after what i did to you. when you told me what happened to your parents i felt like i wasn't alone. my feelings for you came back again. you were there for me when everybody left. you showed me the light. when i told you about my foster dad's atrocities, i had expected you to run away like everybody else but you stayed. you gave me a forever. people like you are very rare in this world we're living in. i truly appreciate you. and everything you've done for me. take this family heirloom. it belongs to you now. just now that whenever you wear it I'll be with you. mentally, emotionally, spiritually, but not physically.

i love you. gummie bear

from: Austin.

I smiled when I finished reading the letter and took his necklace that he left for me and placed it around my neck. I touched the necklace with my index finger, "I love you too Austin."

A frustrated looking Mrs Ryder came through the door with tears running down her cheeks, "I can't find Austin."

I smiled at her and patted the spot on the bed next to me. She looked confused but decided to sit down. I gave her the letter, "Austin is happy where he is. Let him go. Free him from the pain your husband has caused him."

On that day, I learnt that even dead people are happy wherever they are.

Behind every bad boy is an untold story.

______________________________

The End!

Hello my lovely readers. Unfortunately Behind Every Bad Boy has come to an end. Thank you so much for all your votes and comments. The book might be over but please don't stop voting. If you're unhappy about the ending, then shame. But you can also make an ending of your own. I will start editing this book since it's over, so if there are any spelling errors please don't point them out. You guys have been amazing and I truly appreciate your support. I will be publishing more books soon.

For more updates follow me on Instagram
@king_zeze.x

I will be accepting book covers as well.

love yall so much❤️😍
until next time! ❤️