| Chapter 18 |

Chapter 18:

I've been babysitting Jessie for quite sometime now and I actually enjoy having her around. It took some time for her to open up to me. She's really funny and super adorable. Everyday we watched movies and played different games. I constantly monitored her in everything she did, never leaving her out of my line of sight. 

"How's your grandma?" I asked Amanda through the screen. She looks exhausted.

"She's doing okay. We at the hospital for her check up." She replied. "How are you holding up though?" She asked slightly worried.

"I'm alright, I found a job." I smiled.

Her eyes went wide for a second before she burst out laughing. "You? Got a job? How sure are you that you are still hired?"

"Yes I got a job. I babysit this lovely 6 year old girl called Jessica. She's really adorable and sweet." I mentioned.

"Does she come there everyday." She asked with curiosity.

"Yep. I actually like having her around."

"You better not be replacing me with that 6 year old girl." She warned playfully. The computer went silent before she popped another question.

"Have you seen Austin and Aubrey lately?" I looked her at through the screen.  "You don't have to answer if you feel uncomfortable." She quickly added.

"No, it's okay and I haven't seen them." I said.

"I have to go." I added before I switched off my laptop. Thinking of him angered me. Luckily my phone rang so I didn't have to think about him anymore.

"Hello?"

"Aaliyah? It's me, Mrs Ryder."

"Oh hey? Can I help you with something?"

"Actually, yes. I need you to babysit Jessica for me."

"Oh, no problem at all." I totally didn't mind.

"But this time I need you to come over to my house."

"Send me your address and I'll be there."

"Thank you so much." She said before the call ended.

My phone vibrated and a light came on. 1 New Message:

11 Park Avenue

~ From Mrs Ryder

I grabbed my bag before heading outside to catch a taxi.

The taxi stopped in front of a large house, no scratch that - a mansion! This is absolutely the most incredible house I've ever seen.

The house was surrounded by neatly trimmed grass. I stepped out the car and gazed at the building in front of me. There was a little fountain near the entrance. There was a garden on the side with all different kinds of flowers growing. The windows were huge and reflective somehow. Everything was geometric. The roof was flat, the door was wide and very tall.

I knocked softly on the door and waited. A minute later the door opened revealing a dressed up Mrs Ryder.

"Thank God you here. Please do come in."She spoke and opened the door even wider to let me in.

_______________________

VOTE
COMMENT
SHARE
FOLLOW

IG: iam_zedusa