| Chapter 9 |

After cliff diving, Austin took me to a restaurant to get some food. The restaurant was so classy and expensive, I was embarrassed by what I was wearing. I knew I should have wore something more elegant.

"Why weren't you wearing a helmet when you were cliff diving?" I asked curiously.

"Helmets are for wimps." He said, taking a sip of his sparkling wine.

"So I'm a wimp?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"You said it, not me." He said putting his hands up in surrender.

"I hate you." I said squinting my eyes at him

"I love you too Gummie Bear." He said smirking. I swear this boy always has a stupid smirk plastered on his face.

"Is cliff diving your favorite sport?" I asked after a while, breaking the silence.

"It's one of my favorites."

"But why cliff diving? Can't you be normal and play soccer like all the other boys." I said

"Like you said in the car, I'm a bad boy. So I live dangerously on the edge without any regret. Doing dangerous things puts you above the rest of the competition."

"Competition? What Competition?" I asked slightly confused.

"Competition for power and popularity. You see, when you popular and powerful people worship you. You become the greatest thing that ever lived." He explained.

"I'll never understand a bad boy." I said rolling my eyes. It just doesn't make sense. Why would you want people to worship you.

"It's late, we should get going." He said and paid for our food.

He walked me to my doorstep while I searched inside my bag for the house keys.

"I haven't forgotten about that little stunt you pulled in the janitor's closet." He whispered softly in my ear and left.

★★★

"He took you on a date!" Amanda squeaked as we walked down the school corridors. This is why I hate telling her certain things.

"Take it easy Amanda. I swear you gonna bust my eardrums with your squeaking noise." I said half irritated.

"Why is Josh--

Before she could continue, my eyes landed on the last person I wanted to see. Josh. Casually leaning against my locker.

"Liyah, we need to talk." He said making his way towards me.

"I'll just leave you two to talk." Amanda said before running off. Dammit Amanda you suppose to be right beside me all the damn time.

"There's nothing to talk about Josh." I said walking past him, only to have my arm pulled back.

"Let go!" I yelled, trying desperately to get out of his hold.

"Yo fella....take a walk!" A voice came from behind us.

____________________________________

Please don't forget to vote and comment! ⚡⚡

Question of the day: What's your favourite show?

Mine is Empire ! Hakeem is just a hottie 😰😰💞💞

~Zee👑