| Chapter 35 |

Chapter 35:

"Settle down everyone. Today I'll be assigning you to your partners so you can start with your project." Our biology teacher announced as soon as she walked inside the class.

She called out our partners and I waited patiently for my name.

"Aaliyah....you are gonna be with.. Austin."

Say what?

"But Miss Fletcher, Austin doesn't even come to school anymore. As you can see, he's not even here." I argued.

"I'm sorry Aaliyah but you're the only person who doesn't have a partner."

"Can't I do the project by myself?"

"I'm afraid you can't. This project requires you to have a partner. You actually get a mark for team work."

Great.

"So how am I supposed to get him back to class?" I asked.

"I don't care what you do as long as I see Austin in my class by tomorrow."

I rolled my eyes while she wasn't looking and left the class as soon as the bell rang.

How was I supposed to get him back to class? I don't even know how to describe our relationship. The one minute he's all nice and flirty then the next he's mad.

The worst part is that he might not agree to come back to school which means I'll fail my biology project.

"Have you thought about strategies to get Austin back to class?" Amanda's voice came from behind me as she started walking beside me.

"Nope."

"Do you want me to come with you when you go to his house?"

"No, I'll go on my own."

I don't think Amanda being there would be a good idea. She can be a little bit too extra sometimes.

"Alright then, call me when you get home. Love you." She gave me a quick hug and we went our separate ways.

___________________

I took a deep breath and stared at the white door in front of me. I rang the doorbell and waited for someone to open.

"Aaliyah honey, what brings you here?" Mrs Ryder said as she opened the door for me.

"I'm here to see Austin. Is he here?" I asked.

"Yes, please come in."

The house still looked the same.

"He's in his room." She said. I gave her a simple thank you with a smile and ascended towards the stairs that led to Austin's room.

I knocked softly on the door.

"Go away." A muffled voice came from behind the wooden door.

"Austin please open the door. It's Aaliyah."

I didn't hear any sounds after that but a few minutes later the door clicked and it swung open.

"Why are you here?"

______________________

A/N: Thank you so much for 5.28K reads. I enjoy reading your comments 💞
Keep reading and voting. Love uu all