| Chapter 46 |

Chapter 46:

What do you say to a boy that doesn't know his parents and when the universe gave him another chance to have parents, his foster dad chooses to rape and abuse him?

What do you say to a boy that tried to take away his own life and thinks he's not worthy of living?

What do you say to a boy that doesn't believe in love anymore, yet here he is...pouring his feelings out for me.

Do I love him back? I don't know. What I do know is that I care about him. More than I should.

This came as a shock to me. I literally didn't know what to say or how to comfort him.

"I'm really sorry about what you went through." I began.

"What are you sorry for? It's not your fault." He chuckled dryly.

"No, I'm sorry that you had to go through all of that. You don't deserve all of this, nobody does."

The only thing I had to do was take his mind off all of this bullshit. I had to make him see that despite the situations he was currently facing, life was still worthy of living.

I was going to stand by his side.

"You're my only light in this hell hole." He admitted as he lifted my chin and connected our lips once more.

"Don't leave me." He spoke as cradled me in his arms and made me lean against his bare chest.

"I won't leave you Austin, I'll be here for as long as you allow me." That was the last thing I said before sleep took over.

_______________

"Can you pass me the glue." I put my left hand out and waited for Austin to place the glue on my hand. Instead he threw it to my face.

"The fuck Austin." I snapped and touched my nose to check if it was still in place.

"I'm sorry, did I hurt you?" He asked, using his hand to suppress his laughter.

"Why would you throw the damn thing to my face?"

"I thought you were gonna catch it." He replied shrugging.

I rolled my eyes at him and went to the mirror to check if there was any damage.

"Let me kiss it better." He whispered in my ear from behind me.

"No, you've already done enough."

"It's just a little peck." He whined.

"No, I don't want your sloppy kisses." I said as I tried to move away from him, only to have him grab my arm.

"Austin, let go of my arm." I said, trying to pull my arm away from his grip.

"Let me peck your nose first." He said trying to get closer to my face.

"No, we have to finish our project first."

"Just one peck."

"No! Get your face away from my face." I giggled, I used my other hand to tickle him which caused him to let go of my arm.

I sprinted around the room trying to get away from him. But unfortunately my short legs couldn't compete against Austin's long legs. I squealed in surprise when he wrapped his arms around my waist and dropped us on his bed. He placed his elbows on either side of my head so that he was hovering over me and leaned down to give my nose a little peck. He tapped my nose using his finger as he got off me.

"See, that wasn't so bad gummie bear." He smiled.

"Gummie bear? Gee, when was the last time you called me that?"

"Two seconds ago." He replied smugly which earned him a little shove from me.

"Now can we finish our project."

___________________

Hey Guys! I apologize for the spelling errors. So I'm thinking of ending the book on Chapter 50. Unfortunately there will be no bonus chapters or an epilouge.

Thank uu for reading. Keep voting. 🔥