| Chapter 39 |

Chapter 39:

"I don't think Austin is gonna change his mind anytime soon." Mrs Ryder said after listening to my rant about Mrs Fletcher's request. 

"He has to. Please help me. He's your son. I'm sure you know how to get him to say yes, please Mrs Ryder." I begged. I freaking begged! And Lord knows how I hate begging.

"I'm afraid I can't help you Aaliyah."

I let out a loud sigh as I stood up from the couch. "Can I talk to him?"

"Unfortunately he's currently busy in his room." Mrs Ryder said as she took a sip of her tea.

"What do you mean he's busy?" I asked with disbelief. Pictures of Austin with another girl under the sheets flooded my head.

Mrs Ryder must have noticed my flushed face. "Oh no, not like that. Ever since I found out that he has bipolar, I decided to get him a psychiatrist."

"Oh. Do you really think that's gonna help him?" I asked, sitting back down on the couch.

"I think so. Maybe talking about his emotions will help him control them."

I bit my lip as I looked at Mrs Ryder with hope glistening in her eyes, "Austin will never heal as long as his father is still around."

She was about to take another sip when she stopped midway. Her smile suddenly turned into a frown.

"I'm really trying here, Aaliyah. We just have to accept that Austin's dad will always be in our lives." She said sadly.

"Aren't you scared that Austin will report this abuse to the social workers? And do you know what will happen next?"

Her eyes widened at my words. Even though she knew the answer to the question, I decide to answer it for her.

"They are gonna take Austin away from you. And Jessica? She'll grow up hating you because she'll blame you for her brother's absence."

Worry flooded her eyes. Just as she was about to say something a young woman dressed in a black suit with black flats and a small black bag in her left hand descended down the stairs.

Her brown hair was tied into a neat bun. Her skin was perfectly tanned. She gave us a smile as she reached the living room.

"Hi, I'm Sarah. Austin's psychiatrist." She held her hand out for me to shake. I gave her polite smile as I placed my hand in hers.

"Aaliyah. Austin's friend." I said.

She nodded with a smile and turned to look at Mrs Ryder.

"So, how was the first session? I hope he wasn't too rude." Mrs Ryder asked Sarah.

"It was a little bit hard to get him to talk to me at first but eventually he started talking. Unfortunately I cannot tell you what we spoke about, its against the law. I have to keep everything he tells me confidential. Our next session will be next week."

"Thank you so much Sarah, I guess I will see you next week." Mrs Ryder said as she walked Sarah to the door. 

I made my way to Austin's room. I knocked softly on his bedroom room and waited for his response. A small come in came from behind the wooden door. I opened the door and let myself in.

There was music playing in the background. Austin was sprawled lazily on his bed.

"Hey." He looked up at the sound of my voice and immediately stood up.

"Hey." He greeted back awkwardly as he now stood infront of me.

"How have you been holding up?" I asked, playing with my fingers. I looked up only to find him already staring at me.

He stared at me for a while before he answered, "Good. I'm guessing you met my psychiatrist."

Why was he being nice?

"Yeah, she seems nice."

An awkward silence surrounded us and I shifted on my feet and looked around the room.

"Soo, what brings you here?" He asked.

"It's about our project, I know you said-

"I'll do it. I'll be your partner."

_____________________

Firstly, Thank uu so much for 9K reads! I love you guys so much. Keep on voting and commenting. Secondly, I changed the book title to "Behind Every Bad Boy" because I thought it was the perfect title for this book.

Follow me on Instagram: king_zeze.x

and also check out my blogging site.

onlinepoetrydaily.wordpress.com

I

appreciate your support.💞