| Chapter 17 |

Chapter 17:

It's been almost 2 weeks since Amanda left. Everyday passed by in a blur of boring long lectures. Luckily school closed for holidays. I decided to get a job that will help me get my mind off Amanda's absence.... and Austin. I haven't seen him or Aubrey for quite a while now, that's a good thing right?

I was just in the middle of doing my homework when I heard a knock on the door. I opened the door only to see a middle aged woman with an adorable looking little girl standing beside her. The little girl had long straight brown hair and was pale skinned. Her blue eyes reminded me of someone, in fact she looked oddly familiar.

"Hello, I'm Mrs Ryder and this little one here is Jessica."

"Oh right, I'm Aaliyah. I'm guessing you are here to drop Jessica."

"Yes, I'll fetch her after work." She said as she gave Jessica her pink princess backpack.

"No problem, I'm sure Jessica and I will have so much fun." I smiled politely.

"You'll receive your payment every Friday. Thank you so much for babysitting her." She gave her daughter a quick peck on the forehead before mouthing a 'be a good girl'. And with that she left.

"So what do you wanna do?" I asked Jessica. She looked at me before looking down at her feet and shrugged.

"How about I make us popcorn then we can watch any Disney movie you want." I suggested.

She looked up at me with a small smile then nodded. I packed my books in my bag before heading to the kitchen to make popcorn. Once everything was ready I headed back to the lounge.

"Which movie do you want to watch first." I asked

"Frozen." She replied quietly as she settled on the carpet. I gave her a bowl full of popcorn before heading to the kitchen to grab her some juice.

"Orange juice is my favorite." She gave out small giggles as she sipped her juice.

"Really? Me too!" I said smiling at her.

"What must we do now?" She asked after we finished watching Frozen.

"I can make you food, are you hungry?" I asked her. She nodded her head in response.

"Great, I'll make us some sandwiches. Do you want to help me?" She nodded her head once again.

I sat her on the kitchen counter as I started to make the sandwiches.

"How about we play twenty one questions." I suggested

I watched as her face scrunched up in confusion. "What's that?" she asked

"It's a game where we ask each other questions." I explained to her.

"What's your favorite color?" She asked me.

"Blue." I responded.

"What's your favorite food?" Now was my turn to ask.

"Pizza!" She replied with excitement.

And the game went on. The good thing about playing twenty one questions is that you get to know the other person better. I found out that Jessica has a big brother who doesn't spend time with her.

"Can I call you Lilly?" She asked innocently.

"Of course you can. That means I'll have to call you Jessie."

"Cool! My first nickname!" She smiled widely this time.

She waved goodbye when her mom came to fetch her. Babysitting isn't that bad actually. I enjoyed having some company around. This house can get really lonely at times.

_____________________

VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW
SHARE

IG: king_zeze.x