| Chapter 16 |

Chapter 16:

Ex boyfriend or ex girlfriend, we all have them. Whether the relationship ended 50 years or in my case, a month ago, the agony caused by a hurtful breakup can create a deep wound. The worst part of breaking up is having to deal with your emotions, sometimes you just wish you were numb. You also have to figure out how you are going to get over it.

The past month has been very difficult for me. I felt stupid for thinking Austin actually liked me. All this time he pretended to date me just so he could humiliate me in front of everyone. I became the school's laughing stock. My face was all over social media including the school's blogging site. Austin and Aubrey became the school's golden couple.

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because his new girlfriend looks like a pitbull." Amanda said. I honestly feel bad for dumping my broken heart on Amanda, she even missed prom because I couldn't stop crying.

"Don't be silly Amanda, Aubrey is really pretty compared to me. If anyone is a pitbull here, it's me." I spoke silently.

"So what are you gonna do now?" She asked, giving me a sad smile.

I sighed before replying, "I don't know. I really don't know." My eyes drifted to the science book in front of me, totally forgot we were currently in class.

I managed to reach the cafeteria without encountering anyone I didn't want to see. I took a seat all by myself but was later joined by Amanda.

"I have bad news." She quickly spoke, putting her face in her hands. Something was definitely wrong.

"What's wrong?" I placed my hand on her shoulder.

"My grandma had a heart attack."

"Oh my gosh, is she okay?" I asked with concern. Amanda's grandma is a really nice woman. I still remember her from the countless sleepovers I had at Amanda's summer home which is located out of town.

"She's slowly recovering. I have to go see her." She said looking at me with pleading eyes as if she was asking for my permission.

"Of course. She'll be happy to see you."  I reassured her, rubbing her shoulders as I spoke.

"I'm leaving tomorrow, I'll only be gone for 3 months."

"What!? You can't leave me all alone." I complained.

"I also don't wanna leave you in this state but I really want to spend some quality time with my grandma.

"You right. I'm just being selfish. Your grandmother needs you more than I do."

"Don't worry, I'll call you almost everyday and I'll be back before you know it." This time she was the one reassuring me. 

Once school was over we headed to Amanda's house. We spent some time together before helping her pack. Three months without your best friend, how would you feel?

"Send my regards to your grandma." I said after our embrace before heading home.

________________________

IG: king_zeze.x