| Chapter 14 |

Chapter 14:

The past few days have been amazing. Austin took me out on dates, he can be really romantic when he wants to. I still get jealous looks and stares from other girls but that doesn't bother me anymore. Oh and Josh? My previous boyfriend.. He doesn't exist anymore - well in my head he doesn't, Austin has taken over.

"You and Austin look cute together." A girl I recognized from my English class said as she passed me in the corridors. I smiled politely in return and hugged my books closer to my chest as I carried on walking. Not so long ago I was a nobody in this school but all of a sudden everyone knows me. I'm not using Austin for popularity but having people acknowledge you is great. 

I glanced around the school field and noticed how it was decorated with blue and white. Mmmmh blue and white? Oh right the game! Austin will be playing this afternoon. I blushed at the thought.

"Austin's got you blushing all day long, I see." Amanda said as she plopped down on the bench next to me.

"If you were white, your cheeks would be tomato red as we speak." She continued.

"How do you know it was Austin?" I asked rolling my eyes playfully at her.

"Then who else would be occupying your head? We all know this school lacks hot guys." She laughed, taking out her History books during the process. 

"Girl, you still don't do your homework." I said shaking my head in disbelief.

"Well not everyone is a smart ass like you." She threw her pencil at me as she said this.

"Aye, we need to go shopping for homecoming pretty soon." She spoke out of nowhere.

I looked at her and chuckled. "You don't even have a date as yet."

"I'm sure someone will ask me soon enough." She convinced herself. "Has Austin asked you?" She continued.
I paused for a second before answering with a simple no. I know Austin is gonna ask me sooner or later.

"Maybe he'll ask you during the game, in front of everyone, imagine how cute that will be." She squealed in excitement. Sometimes I wonder if Austin is mine or hers, but I couldn't help myself as I visualized the image of Austin asking me to be his date in front of everyone in my head.

The image quickly vanished as Amanda snapped her fingers in front of my flushed face. "Earth to Liyah. The bell just rang. Let's go."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~