| Chapter 34 |

Thank uu to all those who have voted on my previous chapters. Your votes are highly appreciated ❤️ And thank uu for following my Instagram page💛

The following chapter has a lot of spelling errors. I will proofread it when I get the time.

__________________________

Chapter 34:

"Why haven't you been attending school lately?" I asked Austin as we took a stroll around his neatly cut garden.

"I just don't feel like it." He responded blankly.

"You sure that's the only reason?"

He gave me a look that said 'i don't wanna talk about it'. Instead of dropping the subject like any normal person would I decided to push it even further.

"Are you scared of how people will react when they see you..you know...after your suicide attempt?" I asked again.

"Me? Scared? No man." He said, trying to laugh it off. He let out a small cough but played it off as a laugh.

"Not manly enough?"I raised my eyebrow at him.

"Definitely."

He stopped walking and turned to look at me.

"What?" I finally asked after he had been staring at me for quite a while. He took a step closer and closed the gap between us.
He gently grabbed my cheek and I instinctively leaned in to his touch. His hand was warm. He tucked the loose strand of hair behind my ear and smiled. Genuinely this time.

"You're really beautiful, Aaliyah." He said.

Just as I was about to smile a flashback of what he did to me not so long ago waved by, making my smile disappear.

"That's what you said before you dumped my ass infront of the whole school." I said and removed his hand from my cheek. His smile instantly vanished. I saw his jaw clench as he turned away from me.

"Why?" He asked, shoving his hands in his jacket pockets.

"Why what?"

"Why did you agree to help me after all I've done to you?"

"Why do you want to know?" I answered with a question.

"Because a part of me thinks you care about me but there's a voice inside my head that keeps telling you doing this for revenge. Is this all part of your plan?"

"What? Revenge? No! Why would you even think that?"

He ran his hands through his messy hair in frustration. "I played with your feelings. I used you to get Aubrey to date me. I embarrassed you in front of the whole school. I told you I hated you back in fifth grade." He said.

Flashback :

"For some odd reason he never speaks to me, he told me once that he'll always hate me. Strange, right?"

________

"You supposed to hate me yet here you." He added on.

"I honestly wouldn't have helped you if Mrs Ryder didn't beg me to. She desperately needed me to help you so I couldn't say no to her." I admitted truthfully.

Mrs Ryder needed me to help Austin so I agreed. I can't imagine the pain she was going through as a mother at that time when she found Austin lying unconscious after his suicide attempt. Plus I was getting paid for it.

"So you don't care about me? You did it because my mom asked you to?" He growled angrily.

"Austin, why should I care about you if you don't care about me?" I shot back

"I do care about you!"

"Since when?"

He went quiet and stared at the ground beneath us.

"I think it's best if you leave." He said as he walked away and got inside his house.

How was I supposed to get home?

____________________________

A/N: I was seriously considering deleting this book because I don't know how I'm even gonna end it. Let me know if you guys still enjoy reading this book or not.

If you are confused, the flashback is from chapter one

Instagram: king_zeze.x