| Chapter 26 |

Before we start, I want to say thank uu for 100 reads! 🙌 And this chapter is dedicated to all my friends who supported me and read my book. Love uu all.

Chapter 26:

"I'm sorry about what happened the previous night." Mrs Ryder apologized. We were currently seated in the kitchen, with Austin sitting right next to me.

"I have good news for the both of you." She said, giving me a small smile. "I've found a nurse that will provide care for Austin." Oh. A part of me didn't really want to leave as yet.

"What! No! I don't want any of those stupid nurses. I want Aaliyah to take care of me." Austin shook his head like a little baby. He better not throw a temper tantrum.

"Austin, Aaliyah has to leave at some point. I'm sure she misses her family." Mrs Ryder spoke. I tensed and cleared my throat at the mention of family. Austin must have noticed my discomfort, because he held my hand and gave me a small smile.

"Actually my family is away for a holiday so I don't mind taking care of Austin." I stated. Something inside me keeps telling me that he really needs my help.

"Are you sure?" She asked me. I nodded with a smile as confirmation. She smiled once more before walking away. I turned to look at Austin who was already staring at me. His stare made me blush which caused him to smirk.

"So what do you wanna do today?" I asked breaking the silence.

"I was hoping we could talk." He suggested. Looks like we are slowly getting somewhere.

"Sure." I agreed.

"Keeping all these secrets is slowly killing me soo I think I'm ready to voice them out."

"You sure you trust me with your secrets? Last time I checked I was an untrustworthy person." I smirked playfully at him. He grinned at me in return. "But I'm willing to listen." I added with a smile. He took a deep breath.

"Ever since I got adopted, my foster dad has been abusing me. Not only did he abuse me but he made me his sex toy. He used me to satisfy his own needs. That's why I tend to use girls a lot. It helps me forget about all the atrocities he did to me."

Silent.

That was what followed after Austin finished explaining. How do you comfort someone who was molested and abused by his foster dad?

"All these scars you saw on my arm are self harm. I wanted to die. I still want to die. I want to escape from all this pain and nightmares. After my suicide attempt I stayed at home and tried to avoid everyone. Aubrey left me after she heard about my suicide attempt...and so did my friends. I felt alone and unwanted."

"But then you made your way into my life once again and gave me hope that everything is going to be okay." He smiled at me once he finished speaking. I embraced him into a hug.

"It's okay to cry Austin." I said looking at his watery eyes.

"No! Crying is not manly." He laughed and wiped away the tears that threatened to spill out.

Austin's story made me realize that behind every bad boy is a boy who got tired of everything.

__________________________

VOTE
COMMENT
SHARE
FOLLOW

Thank uu!  💕