| Chapter 21 |

Chapter 21

"You have done such a good job so far. Austin's weight has improved and his skin is not that pale." Mrs Ryder or should I say Austin's mom informed me as we ate breakfast in the kitchen. I smiled in return. I honestly didn't know what to say. Am I the only one who does that, smile when you don't know what to say or maybe if you didn't hear what the other person said.

"What happened to Austin, last time I saw him he wasn't like this." I spoke breaking the silence around us.

"You have seen Austin before?" She asked with confusion all over her face. Oh right, she doesn't know that Austin and I go to the same school.

"Well.. Austin and I happen to go to the same school." I said, but I didn't mention the part where Austin and I were dating.

"Really? That's great!" She clapped her hands in excitement.

"So back to my question-

"Austin will tell you everything once he's ready. Just don't leave his side. He needs a friend to support him. All of his friends left him after they heard what happened, you are his only hope." She said.

His friends left him? Was she talking about Aubrey?

"I don't think Austin is gonna open up to me anytime soon." I spoke.

"Why do you say so?"

"Austin and I left on bad terms."

"Please don't tell me you are leaving him as well." She said with pleading eyes

"To be honest, if you told me your son was Austin a few days back I wouldn't have agreed to help him, but there's no backing down now."

"I'm sure Austin didn't mean any harm if he wronged you in any way." Mmmh if only you knew Mrs Ryder. If only you knew.

"I have to go check up on him." I said and stood up from the chair I was seated on.

"Do you need anything?" I asked when I reached Austin's room. His mom was right, he was slowly getting better. Slowly but surely. He looked at me and mumbled a simple no.

"Don't you get bored just sitting in the same spot everyday." I asked.

Ever since Austin received his medication from his doctor he was instructed to stay at home, rest up and get better, so I have to provide care for him to ensure that he undergoes a speedy recovery. If anyone told me before that I was going to provide care for my ex boyfriend I was going to laugh at them. Seriously.

Since Austin is sick, he has a difficult time bathing himself or maintaining a level of cleanliness.

"I think it's time for your bath." I announced nervously. I hope I don't get to see his ding dong. He looked at me and nodded, removing the blankets from this body slowly to reveal his long and bare legs.

I helped him stand as he grabbed on my shoulders for support. We walked into the bedroom where he sat on the toilet.

"Will you be able to ummm....take your shirt off or do you..need me to help you?" I asked looking down with a hint of embarrassment.

"Isn't that part of your job, attending to my bathing needs?" He asked

I walked to where he was and slowly lifted his arms so I could take his shirt off. As I held his arms I saw scars that ran down from his arms to his wrists.

"What happened here?" I asked with concern even though I kind of knew how he got them, but I just wanted him to confirm my suspicion.

"Nothing. Just let it be." He replied simply.

"I have to clean them to avoid more serious infections." I pointed out. Before he could protest, I grabbed all the things I needed and cleaned his arms thoroughly before cleaning the rest of his body. I bandaged his arms once I was done.

"Sit here while I clean your room." I said before going back to his room.

I changed his bedding and opened the windows to make sure there is acess to fresh air. A stuffy room can make him feel worse rather than better.

Once I was done I helped him back to his bed and helped him sit upright.

"Call me if you need anything." I said as I watched him run a hand through his messy hair. Now is not the time to drool Aaliyah!!

______________________

VOTE
COMMENT
SHARE
FOLLOW

IG: king_zeze.x