| Chapter 19 |

Chapter 19:

"You have a very beautiful home." I complimented.

"Really? This is actually an old house." I rolled my eyes at her statement. What ever happened to saying 'thank you'. Typical rich people.

"Please take a seat." She said motioning her hands to the leather couch.

"I know I asked you to come here to babysit Jessica... But there's more." She started.

"I have a son I need you to babysit. He's really sick. He needs someone to feed him, help him shower and etc." She looked at me but my face had a blank expression.

She continued, "He had someone who took care of him but she left because of some family issues. You'll only look after him for a few months until I find someone else."

"Wow, this sounds like a huge responsibility." I said unsure about this job.

"I'll double your pay a-and you can stay here since you have to monitor him all the time. You don't have to worry about transportation." She negotiated.

"Just please help me help my son." She said with watery eyes. She must really need my help. At least she'll double my pay and I get to stay in this luxury house for free.

"I'll do it." I said after some time. She got up from her seat and hugged me tightly. "You don't know how much this means to me. Thank you so so so much Aaliyah."

"Jessica! Aaliyah is here!" She shouted

"Who is Aaliy- Lilly!" Jessica exclaimed excitedly as she ran down the stairs. Her arms quickly embraced my skinny legs.

"I have to get going. Bye everyone." Mrs Ryder said before leaving in a blink of an eye. She must be a workaholic since she hardly spends time with her daughter and is too busy to look after her sick son.

"Are you here to babysit my brother too?" Jessie asked.

"Yes, can you show me where he is." I said bending down to her level.

"He's in his room, come follow me." She said as she took my hand and led us upstairs. She stopped in front of a wooden door with the words 'KEEP OUT' on it, clearly this person is a lot older than I think. I opened the door and instantly was met with a funny smell. A lifeless looking body was wrapped in a white duvet. On the cabinet near the bed laid bottle and bottles of pills, bandages and a plate of untouched food.

"A-aliyah-h?" The lifeless body spoke. Wait, I know that voice!

"Austin?"

__________________________

VOTE
COMMENT
SHARE
FOLLOW

IG: king_zeze.x