| Chapter 43 |

Chapter 43:

"What do you mean?" I asked Austin as we pulled away from each other. He cupped my cheeks and looked at me straight in my eyes. It felt like he was looking through my eyes and into my soul. For once, I saw him smile. A smile that reached his eyes.

Then it vanished. He removed his hands from my cheeks and started to walk away from me.

"Austin! Where are you going?"

He didn't even turn around to look at me as he answered, "Home. You should go home too."

"But, you just said you're in love with me, uh.. you can't just leave, come back."

He walked away without a single word or even a glance. I stood in the rain, at the same spot where he kissed me. The spot where he told me he was in love with me. He left me with so many unanswered questions.

_______________

"Why are you wet? My goodness Aaliyah, you are gonna catch a cold!" Amanda shouted as soon as I walked into my living room.

"What are you doing in my house? How the hell did you get in?" I asked startled.

"You gave me your house keys a few weeks ago. Go change while I make us some dinner." She said as she walked to the kitchen.

I walked to my bedroom and took off my wet clothes. Walking to my bathroom, I ran a bath and waited for the water to get hot. I was too busy thinking about Austin that I didn't notice I was shivering. My muscles relaxed as soon as I was in the bathtub. I stayed there for a couple of minutes until the water started to get cold.

"Dress warm." Amanda shouted from the kitchen while I was rummaging through my wardrobe to find some comfy pajamas. A pink and white onesie caught my eye and I decided to wear it.

"Smells delicious, what are you making?" I asked Amanda once I was in the kitchen. I stared at her back while she was stirring something in the pot.

"Spaghetti and meatballs." She said, bringing the spoon to her lips to have a taste.

I took a seat on one of the kitchen stools and waited for Amanda to join me.

"So, how did it go?" She asked as she sat next to me.

"Everything was going good until he kissed me...again."

"He kissed you? Again? Austin must be really thirsty these days." She laughed.

I rolled my eyes at her with a sigh, "There's more."

"Oh no."

"He said he was in love with me."

I'm guessing Amanda choked on her saliva since she started coughing.

"He said what?" She asked shocked.

"I'm sure you heard me the first time." I said annoyed.

"You do know you'd be the first girl Austin has admitted his feelings to." She said.

"No, what about the countless girls he had sex with last year and that other girl he dumped me for."

"Her name is Aubrey. And having sex with someone doesn't mean you love them." She explained.

"If he's so in love me then why did he embarrass me infront of the whole school. Not only did he embarrass me but he used me to get Aubrey. He played with my feelings."

"Maybe he realized what a stupid mistake he made and wants to fix things between y'all."

"Well maybe it's a little bit too late." I said, I got off the stool and strolled to the living room.

"It's never too late!" Amanda shouted.

____________________

You guys are soooo amazing. I love y'all soo freaking much.

I've already written chapters up to chapter 47 so if y'all really want me to publish those chapters, y'all better start voting.

Thank uu for your support. I appreciate it 💞