| Chapter 10 |

Chapter 10:

"Excuse me?" Josh asked as he turned around only to see Austin.

"I said take a walk." Austin repeated.

Josh glared at Austin with his fists clenched. If looks could kill Austin could be six feet under.

"We'll talk later." Josh said, letting go of my wrist which was now red. I watched as Josh turned around and walked away. Was he scared of Austin?

"Thank you." I told Austin while rubbing my wrist. 

"You welcome my Gummie Bear." He said winking.

"Why did you do that though?" I asked. No seriously why ? I thought he hated my guts.

"Well if you must know, bad boys don't walk by when a lady is in need." He said smirking, clearly proud of himself.

★★★

"Gosh Aaliyah stay still." Amanda said as she continued to  tie my hair up in a bun.

"I told you already, I don't wanna go to this stupid party." I said honestly. I rather be at home reading or watching TV.

"It will be fun. I'll be with you all the time, I promise." She pleaded.

"You not so good at keeping your premises." I said rolling my eyes.

"Pinky promise?" She asked holding up her pinky finger.

"Pinky promise." I said interlocking her pinky with mine.

After Amanda finished doing my hair, she did my make up and forced me in a black little number that made my long legs stand out. I don't have any curves but this dress made me look like I was curvy. The heels were amazingly cute and gave the outfit more sass.

"You look like a goddess." Amanda giggled, admiring her work of art.

"I'm sure Austin will be drooling when he sees you." She added while furrowing her eyebrows.

Truth be told, I don't care about Austin. I just hope Josh will be there. I hope he likes my new look. Maybe I still do like Josh. I mean, how do you forget about someone who gave you so much to remember.

We called an uber and after a few minutes the car was waiting for us outside. We sat quietly in the backseat and let a comfortable silence drown us.

"Come on." Amanda said as she forcefully pulled me towards the house full of drunk teenagers.

"Drink up." She shouted over the loud music, pushing a cup towards me.

"I'm not drinking that." I shouted back.

"Loosen up Aaliyah." She said and drowned the drink in one second.

Since I trust Amanda I ended up drinking too. Amanda and I danced on the dancefloor, our bodies moving to the rhythm of the music. My eyes were searching for Josh only to find him kissing the life out of a blond girl. I guess he moved on.

After some time, my feet started to ache and I pushed through the crowd of sweating bodies and horny teenagers so I could find an empty area to catch some fresh air. I stopped outside and stood quietly admiring the stars above me.

"You look breathtaking." A velvety smooth voice came from behind me.

   ____________________________________

Aloha! What do y'all think of this book so far. What do y'all think of Austin! Don't forget to vote!

Question of the day: When is your birthday!

Mine is on the 9th of September! ⚡⚡

~Zee 👑