| Chapter 50 |

Chapter 50:

A U S T I N    P O V

I removed my blindfold and almost had a heart attack.

"SURPRISE!!" Voices filled with excitement and joy came from behind me. I turned around and I couldn't believe my eyes.

Children of different ages ran towards me and wrapped their arms around my torso.

"Happy Birthday Austin." They all said in unison. I looked around searching for Aaliyah. I smiled at her and mouthed a thank you.

She brought me back to my home.

Where I grew up.

St Mary's Orphanage.

I remember growing up in this place. Even though I was surrounded by other children, I often felt alone.
This very same orphanage was a place of safety and refuge when I lost my parents. I was vulnerable and alone. They gave me a name, Austin.

"Austin are you crying?" A little girl with pale skin, bright blue eyes and dirty blonde hair looked up at me.

I smiled down at her and picked her up, placing her firmly on my hip. I've placed Jessie a few times on my hip so I most definitely know how to hold a kid.

"No I'm not. Man don't cry." I tapped her nose and she smiled. "What's your name, little one?"

Her smile faded and it turned into a frown, "I don't have one as yet. They haven't given me a name."

I've been there too.

"How about I give you a name, would you like that?"

She nodded her head excitedly.

"From now onwards your name will be Rosaline."

"Ro-sa-line." She giggled pronouncing it more slowly, "I love it, thank you Austin."

"I never thought in a million years you would be good with kids." Aaliyah laughed as she pinched Rosaline's cheek, making her hide her face in the crook of my neck.

"I grew up in an orphanage and i have a little sister, what did you expect." 

For the rest of the day, I helped all the kids with their chores. Chores are often divided in an orphanage. And Rosaline refused to leave my side. She showed me around even though I knew the place already.

We baked a birthday cake together and we did activities together. Seeing children smile like that made my day. They didn't have any parents but they all smiled like they didn't have a single problem in the world. For once, I was grateful for what I have. Unlike some of these kids here, I was given a second chance in life.

"Thank you for bringing me here. I actually missed this place, it's filled with so much of positive energy." I admitted truthfully to Aaliyah.

"You are welcome. We have to get going. This day is not over as yet."

She's amazing.

----------------------------

Heyy! What are your thoughts on this book so far? This book is almost over thou.💔