| Chapter 48 |

Chapter 48:

Happiness. It's something everyone deserves. Whether you lost your parents, or you are battling with mental disorders, or you have been a victim of rape, you deserve to be happy. The only way to start being happy again is by surrounding yourself with people who genuinely care about you and appreciate you. There is no such thing as I'm lonely. There is always someone out there who understands what you are going through. And fate will bring yall together. Just like how it brought Austin and I together. Two teenagers who both knew the pain of losing both parents.

"Austin will love this." Mrs Ryder told me after I finished explaining my plan to her.

"He has to. I worked very hard on this."

"I can't believe I have been getting him the wrong present all these years. I thought buying him these fancy cars would make him happy, but clearly I was wrong." She said with a sad smile.

I stood up from where I was sitting and sat next to her. "You weren't wrong. You were simply trying to get him to be happy again. You did what any mother would have done. Austin is really lucky to have you."

"Thanks honey. I really needed to hear that." She smiled at me, before pulling me into a warm motherly embrace. I couldn't help but compare Mrs Ryder to my foster mom. Mrs Ryder was really trying to be a good mother to both her children. Especially Austin. Always putting their happiness above her own. Honestly, she has been more of a mother to me than my own foster mom.

"Uhmm, why are y'all being all sappy and emotional?" A voice came from behind us, forcing Mrs Ryder and I to pull away from each other.

"It's disgustingly cute though." Austin joked, jogging down the stairs.

"You know, if you want a hug all you have to do is ask." I told him as soon as he was standing in front of me, more like hovering over me.

He gave me a smirk before leaning down to whisper in my ear. "I don't have to ask, I always get what I want, gummie bear." He left a soft kiss on my cheek, stood up to his full height and turned to look at a very confused Mrs Ryder, "We'll be in my room." And with that he took my hand and gently pulled me towards the stairs.

"Can you stop walking so fast. My short legs are unable to keep up with your long ones." I said from behind him.

He ignored me but opened his bedroom door instead.

"Why did you bring me here? I was here to see Mrs Ryder, not you."

He gasped and dramatically placed his hand on his chest, pretending to be hurt. "And here I was thinking you were here to see me. You hurt my feelings."

I rolled my eyes as I walked past him and got comfortable on his bed.

"Please, make yourself at home." Sarcasm dripping from his tongue. He flopped down next to me and we stared at the ceiling above us silently.

The silence was comfortable until I decided to break it with a question, "What you wanna do for your birthday tomorrow?" I averted my gaze from the ceiling and dropped it on him. His eyes held an emotion I couldn't decipher. But within a second it was replaced with a grin as he turned his head to look at me. "I was hoping you could bless me with some birthday sex."

He let out a laugh when he saw my face scrunch up in disgust. "Like that's ever gonna happen."

"I have ways I can get you to agree." He said, wiggling his eyebrows.

"I think I should go, if I stay any longer you might just rape me." I spoke as I stood up from his bed.

"Is that what you think of me, gummie bear? A rapist?"

"You are most definitely capable of raping someone."

He stood up from his bed and for the first time in my life, I saw a very serious look on his face. "You seem to be forgetting that I was raped by my foster dad. Why would I wanna do it on someone else?"

I froze.

What have I done?

Oh no.

"Oh my god Austin, I'm sooo sorr--

I didn't finish my sentence due to Austin's laughter. It filled the room and went straight into my ears. A sound I've never heard before. A sound I would want to hear again.

I've never heard him laugh like that. It wasn't forced.

He clutched his stomach as tears began to form on his eyes. He sat back down on his bed to calm himself. "You... should... have... seen your.. face. Priceless. Gosh, why didn't I take a picture." He said in between his laughs.

I stared at him. Shocked. So he wasn't mad?

"Screw you, asshole." I flipped him the bird before storming out his bedroom.

"See you tomorrow, gummie bear!" He shouted.
Before I could stop it, a smile made its way to my lips.

                                     ~*~

Hey guys!! Thank uu so much for your support. 38K Reads!!! Sorry for the late update. 2 more chapters left!!

❤️🔥