| Chapter 20 |

Chapter 20:

To say I was shocked would be an understatement. Austin is Jessie's brother? So many questions were going thorough my head. Why is he sick? What happened to Aubrey? Could this be the reason why they haven't been attending school?

I looked at Austin. He was really skinny and he was pale. Both his arms were covered in bandages. He had bruises all over his face.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, his voice was different.

"Mrs Ryder hired me to look after you." I decided to say Mrs Ryder because I don't know if she's Austin's mom but she did call him her son earlier, but then Austin's last name is Walker....not Ryder. I'm sooo confused!

"I'm fine, you can go home." He said

"Austin you don't look fine."

"Well then stop looking!" He shouted.

"Whether you like it or not I am going to help you. I also don't want to do this but I'm actually getting paid here."

He lookes at me, there was something in his eyes I couldn't make out. "So it's all about the money, huh." He spoke, laughing dryly.

I shrugged my shoulders before answering, "You could say that."

"There's a schedule on my desk my mom made for whoever was going to monitor me." He spoke before shutting his eyes. I walked to where the schedule was and skimmed through it, so basically I had to make him food, help him eat, help him shower and make sure he takes his medication.

"Are you hungry?" I asked him, my back facing him. He muttered a simple no.

I spent the rest of the day playing with Jessica until she fell asleep. I picked her up and placed her in her pink decorated bed. It took me some time to find her room since this house is really huge.

I sat back on the couch and went through the tv channels. When Mrs Ryder got back from work around noon I asked her if she could take me to my apartment to fetch my stuff fortunately she said yes.

When we got back home I prepared some soup for Austin and took it to his room.

"I made some soup for you." I said as I placed the soup on the cabinet and helped him sit up straight.

"I'm not hungry." He mumbled.

"Austin you have to eat something in order to take your meds." Doesn't he wanna get better?

"I don't wanna take my meds dammit!"

That's it! "Look Austin, I know you don't want me here but if you co-operate, the sooner I'll leave." He looked at me before rolling his eyes.

"Do you really want me to shove this soup down your throat?" I cocked my eyebrow as I asked him." He looked at the soup as I handed it to him before taking a spoonful and swallowing.

"That's much better." I smiled at him.

"You can leave my room now." He added quietly.

"Nice try. I'm staying here until that bowl is clean." I said, moving over to sit on the little couch near the bed.

I still can't believe I agreed to do this job.

______________________

VOTE
COMMENT
SHARE
FOLLOW

IG: king_zeze.x