| Chapter 49 |

Chapter 49:

A U S T I N P O V

Death. That would be the best birthday gift ever. I stopped celebrating my birthday a few years ago. What's the point of celebrating a birthday when you are already dead inside? I groaned loudly when I heard a knock coming from my bedroom door. I tried to ignore it and go back to sleep. Keyword: tried.

"Go away!" I shouted, my voice was muffled by the pillows.

"Open this door or else Imma break it." The voice spoke from behind the door.

I grinned when I realized who it was.

Gummie Bear.

I groaned loudly again before getting up from my comfortable bed and walking towards the door while rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

As soon as I opened the door, my heart stopped beating for a second.

Just tell her you like her, idiot.

I shook my head before smirking down at her. She rolled her eyes and walked past me.

"Get ready, we leaving soon." She announced, pointing at the watch around her wrist.

"Where we going? Do you know what time it is.?" I folded my arms, refusing to leave my room. I just wanted to be alone today.

"It's 1pm, Austin." She deadpanned.

Stupid.

"Tell me where we're going first."

"It's a surprise dummy."

"I hate surprises." I pouted.

"You such a baby."

"At least I'm your baby."

"No you're not. I'll wait downstairs while you get ready." She said as she started to walk towards the door.

"Aaliyah, I'm not going anywhere. I want to spend my birthday in bed today." I said, flopping down on my bed again, wrapping the white duvet around my body.

She turned around to look at me. With a determined look on her face she said, "Go take a shower now or else Imma force you to do it."

I let out a dry laugh, "You can't force me to shower. I'm 10 times stronger than you."

My smile faded as soon as I saw the smirk on her face, "You seem to be forgetting I helped you shower once, remember when you were sick? You better be downstairs in 10 minutes." She turned on her heels and left my room.

That's my girl.

I got ready in less than 5 minutes and walked downstairs. Aaliyah was already seated next to Chloé. (Mrs Ryder) Those two get along so well. I grinned when my eyes landed on Aaliyah's left leg, as she tapped it on the wooden floor repeatedly. Impatient much, are we?

Chloé eyes widen with excitement as soon as I reached the living room.

"Happy Birthday my boy!" She walked over to me and pulled me into a hug.

"Thanks Chloé. I hope you didn't buy me another car this year. My garage is full." I smiled.

"I got you something way better this year." She said smiling warmly as she pinched my cheeks.

"Oh no. A house?"

"No silly, you'll have to find out later. You kids should get going now."

"Wait, you also know about this? Where is she taking me?" I asked, confusion written across my face.

"If I tell you then it won't be a surprise." Aaliyah said shaking her head.

I turned to look at Chloé with a worried expression and grabbed her slim shoulders gently, "You trust her with me? What if she kills me and dumps my body in a river? I'm the only son you have. Please don't let her take me away from you."

"Aaliyah is a nice girl. She wouldn't hurt a fly."

I turned my attention towards Aaliyah when I heard her speak, "Heard that Austin. I wouldn't hurt a fly. Now let's go." She grabbed my arm and dragged me out of the house.

"Tell Jessie I said I love her and I'll always watch over her!" I shouted to Chloé.

"Can you relax. I'm not gonna kill you even though I would love to." Aaliyah said as she dragged me towards my car.

"You gonna make me drive on my birthday?" I asked, placing my hand on my chest, pretending to be hurt.

"I can't drive and I don't have license."

We both got in the car and I started the engine, I didn't know where we were going so she gave me directions.

I drifted my eyes away from the road for a minute to look at her, "This place is out of town, where exactly are you taking me?"

She was tapping on her phone and spoke without removing her eyes from the phone, "Ask me that question one more time and I'll push you out of this moving car."

"When did you get so violent?"

"Ever since you started annoying me. Eyes on the road."

We drove for about an hour until she told me to stop near this big building. She unbuckled her seat belt and took out a black blindfold from her bag then threw it to me, "Here, put this on."

I rolled my eyes and tried to blindfold myself. "Well aren't you so romantic."

Once we were both out of the car, she took my car keys and locked it. She held my shoulders and guided me towards... i don't even know where she's taking.

"Watch your step." She said

"How am I supposed to watch my step when I'm can't see where I'm going."

"Oh shoot, lowkey forgot you were blindfolded, lift up your foot." She laughed.

We went on like this for a few minutes until she told me to stop. She removed her hands from my shoulders.

"Aaliyah what's going on?"

Silent.

"Aaliyah?!"

Silent.

-------------------------------

Hello beautiful people! Sorry for the late update, I just finished writing my exams. Three more chapters to go! (I decided to add more chapters.)

Follow my Instagram if you want me to publish the next chapter!

Instagram: king_zeze.x