| Chapter 22 |

Chapter 22:

I made Austin some herbal tea to make sure he stays well hydrated. I made sure to help him turn at leat twice a day to prevent the development of bedsores. In order for Austin to open up to me I have to distract him from his illness or whatever he has, so I suggested we watch a movie together.

"What do you wanna watch?" I asked while going through his Netflix.

"Star Wars: The Last Jedi." He replied.

"Let's watch 'To all the boys I've loved before'. " I said as I handed him his popcorn. I settled on the couch when he spoke. "Come sit next to me."

"I think I'm good here." I said. I just don't think that's a good idea honestly. I'm still supposed to be angry at Austin for what he did.

"I wasn't asking." He said again. I see he's still got one of his bad boy trait. Instead of protesting I walked to his bed and settled down there, with a blanket covering our legs.

×××××××××××

"Wow! That was stupid!" Austin laughed as the movie finished.

"No! It was really good. I loved it actually." I argued.

"You girls love stupid things anyway."

"Stop stereotyping Austin! You just saying that because you didn't understand the whole plot of the movie." I laughed with him.

"Please, do explain."

"So basically Lara wrote letters to boys she liked and locked them away in her closet, right. Then one day boom boom pop the letters were mailed to her crushes." I took a deep breath before continuing.

"Lara told Peter, who is her former crush that she was doing all this to make it seem like she lost interest in Josh. So surprisingly Peter is okay with all this and so Lara and Peter fake date each other to make his ex girlfriend, who happens to be Lara's ex best friend jealous." Austin coughed dramatically before I continued.

"What happens is Peter finds out that Gen is actually jealous and starts to like Gen once again, meanwhile Lara is jealous at the two....

Austin yawned once I finished explaining.

"So do you understand now?"I asked him while rubbing the sleep off my eyes.

"Yea I do, even though I understood the movie perfectly the first time." He chuckled.

"So you made me explain for nothing!"

"I just love listening to you!" His laugh died down as he gave me a genuine smile. Gosh I haven't seen that smile for a long ass time.

"You know, Lara kinda reminds me of you." He spoke.

"How so?" I asked with surprise.

"Both of y'all fake dated a guy and ended up dating them for reals annnnd you are both...ummm..jealous?" He smirked.

"Let me just correct you there, I fake dated you because I was doing you a favor plus our relationship didn't even last and nooo, I am not jealous of your relationship with Aubrey." Now was my turn to smirk at him. He looked away and I saw his jaw clench oooooo is he mad?

"Aubrey and I aren't dating anymore." He said. Oh that's wonderful! I did a little happy dance in my head before answering with a "Oh, I'm sorry, what happened?"

"Things weren't just working out." He replied. That's what you get for dumping my ass in front of the school. Isn't God just wonderful? 

_________________________

VOTE
COMMENT
SHARE
FOLLOW

IG: @__shortcake_x