| Chapter 25 |

Chapter 25

"What happened to you after your parents passed away?" Austin asked, scooting closer to me. There was concern written all over his face. I wiped away the tears that managed to escape. "I became an orphan. I stayed at the orphanage until my grandparents found me. After a few years of staying with my grandparents they eventually died too, so I went back to the orphanage and I got adopted."

"Adoption? So...where are your foster parents now?"

"My foster parents are workaholics. They run a few businesses out of this country. I used to stay with a nanny until I turned 17. My foster dad thought I was old enough to take care of myself. They send money almost every week though."

"Wow. Fate has a funny way of bringing people together." He said chuckling a bit.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"I was adopted too. Mrs Ryder isn't my real my real mom and Jessica isn't my blood sister too." He said with a sad smile. So that's why Austin's surname is Walker and not Ryder! I guess I'm close to solving my mystery after all!

"What happened to your parents?" I asked.

"I grew up in an orphanage. I don't know how I got there or what happened to my parents. I don't even know if they are still alive or not."

"I'm really sorry about your parents by the way." He quickly added. What he did next took me by surprise. He intertwined his fingers with mine.

"Let's stay like this please. It feels good to finally hold someone." He pleaded as he looked at me with soft and painful eyes. I nodded in response and placed my big head on his shoulder. I seriously do have a big head. I inhaled the fresh breeze that slapped softly against my cheeks.

We stayed like that until the sky was filled with all different types of stars.
A loud sound from inside the house caused us to pull away from each other.

"He's here!" He said as he stood up and pulled me up from the ground effortlessly.

"Who's here?" I asked. He didn't have time to answer the question as he pulled me towards the house.

An unknown fear crept within as my sight landed on a man who looked like he was in his forties. His left hand was clutching a beer bottle. He swayed violently every time he tried to walk. Clearly he is drunk.

"Who are you? Let me guess, you are one of Austin's little sluts!!" He snarled.

"Take Jessica to my room now! Leave now!" Austin hissed in my ear. For the first time Austin was....scared? I didn't waste any time as I pulled Jessie and placed her on my hip.

"Lilly, I'm scared." Jessie told me with teary eyes. I embraced her into a hug, gave her a peck on the forehead and sang her a lullaby. I was in the middle of singing my lullaby when a voice interrupted.

"I didn't know you could sing so well." Austin spoke. There were angry wounds all over his body. His right eye was black. His entire arms and legs were covered in red and purple sores. You could see the pain he was in as he limped towards me, locking the door behind him.

"Oh my gosh, Austin! Did he do this to you?" I asked quickly as I grabbed his hand and made him sit on the bed so I could clean his wounds. I can imagine the pain he is in but I tried to hide my disgust as he spat out blood. I sat down next to him as I cleaned him, making sure to be gentle.

"Did that man do this to you?" I asked cautiously. Was now the right time to interrogate him with all these questions?

"That man is my foster dad." He replied but hissed in pain as I touched one if his severe wounds. I whispered a small sorry before continuing.

"Why did he hit you? And how come I've never seen him around the house."

"He hardly stays here. He comes back when he's drunk, hit me and leave again."

"But why?" I nearly shouted.

"I wish I knew too." Austin said as he looked up at me.

Austin is a very mysterious person. Who knew the bad boy had so many secrets.

_______________________

VOTE
COMMENT
SHARE
FOLLOW

IG: king_zeze.x