| Chapter 38 |

Chapter 38:

"Mam, Austin doesn't attend school anymore." I told my English teacher.

"Are you saying Austin is dropping out of school?" She asked shocked.

"Well, something like that."

"I'll talk to the principal about this. But for now, I don't know what we're gonna do because everyone has a partner except for you." She said as she tapped her pen on her table.

The bell rang signaling the end of the first period.

The rest of the day went by in a blur. We got homework as usual. But the class I had been dreading the most was biology.

"Why isn't Austin in my class?" Miss Fletcher asked as soon as I stepped inside the class. I mentally rolled my eyes and faced her. "Austin doesn't want to come back to school and there's nothing I can do about it."

"Well then I guess you won't mind if I give you zero for your project. Do you know how that mark will reflect on your results, especially for someone who wants to study medicine."

"This is so unfair. Why must I suffer because of Austin?"

"Life isn't fair Aaliyah. I'm giving you a week to get Austin back in my class otherwise I won't hesitate to give you zero."

Wow! Just wow!

"Those who have their partners here, you may begin working on your projects." She said and continued typing on her laptop.

I sat down in my seat, folded my arms on my desk and drifted to sleep since I had nothing to do.

________________

Sorry for the late update. i know this was a very very boring chapter but I've been busy with exams lately and all that.

sooo i have this new blog where i write all my poems and stuff. and it would be really cool if you guys would check it out

onlinepoetrydaily.wordpress.com

your support will be highly appreciated. thank uu soo much for 8K reads. i love uu all. ❤️❤️