| Chapter 44 |

Chapter 44:

Saturday.

It's been a long week and  I couldn't wait to relax and binge watch on The Big Bang Theory.

But that wasn't until I got a text from Mrs Ryder.

Mrs Ryder: Please come and babysit Jessica. I need to go somewhere. I'll pay you.

Great. I grabbed the cushion that was near me and screamed into it. After sending her a text saying I'll be there in 15 minutes, I went upstairs to my room and got ready. I decided to wear a tank top with some denim shorts since it was quite humid outside.

Sighing, I grabbed the TV remote and turned it off. "Guess we'll have to do this another time Sheldon."

"Thank you for coming at such short notice. Something came up and I have to leave urgently. If you need anything just call me. Jessica is in her room and Austin is his room with Sarah." She grabbed her car keys from the kitchen counter. With a smile and a wave, she left.

I made my way to Jessie's room and opened her door, "Guess who's here."

She jumped off her bed and ran into my arms, "Lili!"

I ruffled her hair and kissed her forehead, "How are you my little princess?"

"Good, just hungry."

"Do you want me to make you some food then we can watch SpongeBob."

"Yes please!" She gave me a toothy smile before she ran out of her room with me following behind her.

I was busy making sandwiches for Jessie and I when a loud noise came from upstairs. Jessie immediately ran to me and hid behind my legs "I'm scared." I assured her that everything is okay. The sound of a door banging followed as Sarah came downstairs with a disappointed frown forming on her lips

"What's going on?" I asked as I rushed to her side.

"I think I said something that made Austin really angry. I have to go." She said. She took out a white bottle of pills from her black bag and handed them to me, "Make sure he takes these."

After she left, I told Jessica to take her sandwich and go to her room while I check on Austin.

Cautiously, I opened the door to Austin's room and walked inside. His hair was a mess. A sexy mess. He was pacing up and down his room shirtless.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked.

He stopped pacing and his eyes turned dark. I shifted nervously on my feet as he eyes averted to my exposed legs. I cleared my throat so I could get his attention.

"Get out." He simply said.

What?

"But Austin-

"I said, get out." He repeated.

"Okay fine, I'll go after you take your pills. Sarah told me to make sure you drink these."

"I don't need pills to make me feel better. I hate all of this. ONE MINUTE I'M HAPPY THEN WHEN I'M HAPPY SOMETHING SHITTY ALWAYS HAPPENS. I'M TIRED OKAY. I'M TIRED OF TALKING TO SARAH. TALKING DOESN'T REALLY HELP. TALKING WON'T GET RID OF MY NIGHTMARES AND MY ABUSIVE FOSTER FATHER."

By the time he was done shouting, his tanned chest was rising up and down. I could see his veins popping through his skin. His hands where clenched into fists.

"Then let me help you." I spoke softly.

"YOU CAN'T FUCKING HELP ME. NOBODY CAN. NOBODY CAN GET RID OF THESE VOICES IN MY HEAD. NOBODY CAN GET RID OF MY FATHER. NOBODY CAN GET RID OF THE NIGHTMARES."

"I just don't wanna be alive anymore."

_____________________

We are slowly reaching the end. Please don't forget to vote and comment.

What do you think will happen on the next chapter?

Love you all💞