| Chapter 41 |

Chapter 41:

"What's on your mind?" A voice asked from behind me, disturbing my daydream.

I turned my head around only to see Amanda standing behind me. She sat down on the seat across me and dropped her school bag on the chair next to her. She took out her lunch and placed it on the table and began shoving it in her mouth.

"Your momma made you that lunch, didn't she." I said to her as I eyed her sandwich.

She swallowed her food before she answered,  "Yea, how did you know?" 

"Welll, that sandwich looks delicious as fuck and usually when you make lunch you make shit." I laughed, taking a slice of bread from her lunchbox.

"Mmmmh, this is really good. Your momma is the best." I moaned as my taste buds screamed in excitement.

"So, back to my question." Amanda said as she smirked at me.

"What question?"

"Something has been occupying your thoughts, or should I say someone rather. So spill."

"It's Austin." I said with a smile. Before she could speak, I told her about everything that happened yesterday, the conversation with Mrs Ryder, meeting Austin's psychiatrist, Austin agreeing to be my partner and.....the kiss.

"Did Miss Fletcher agree with this whole thing." She asked.

"She was a little bit bitchy at first but she ended up agreeing."

"Do you want me to drop you off at Austin's house after school?" She asked as she took the last bite of her sandwich.

"That would be great, thank you."

-----------

The bell rang signaling the end of the school day. I packed up my bag and walked out of the class. Amanda sent me a text saying she was waiting for me outside so I quickly made my way to my locker and collected the books I was going to need tonight.

"Are you hungry? We can make a quick stop at Burger King if you want." Amanda said as I hopped in the passenger seat.

"I'm starving. Burger King sounds lovely." I connected the aux cable to my phone and scrolled through my playlist.

"For real, for real, for real this time." Amanda began singing, while she started the engine, letting it roar to life.

"Cause you make my earthquake, oh you make my earthquake." I shouted as I turned the volume up.

"Who's making your earthquake? Austin?" Amanda smirked at me when she took a glance at me.

My cheeks turned red at the mention of his name, "No, of course not."

She took one last glance at me before she took a right at the traffic lights. After a couple of minutes we were parked infront of Burger King.

Amanda looked at me strangely when I ordered two burgers. Even though I would love to have those burgers all to myself, I was buying one for Austin too. It's the right thing to do anyway. It just wouldn't feel right if I ate infront of him.

"Actually make that three." I told the lady behind the counter. She gave me an annoyed look as she took my order down.

"Goodness Aaliyah, are you that hungry?" Amanda asked.

"No, the two burgers are for Austin and Jessie." I said as we sat down and waited for our orders.

After a few minutes, we took our food and left. Amanda dropped me off at Austin's house. I waved goodbye to her as her car disappeared from the driveway.

I knocked on the door in front of me and waited patiently for an answer. I was greeted by a smiling Austin standing on the doorway.

"Hey."

____________________

Hey beautiful people. Thank you for reading. You can also comment suggestions for the book. Don't forget to click on that vote button.

Follow me on social media:

Instagram: king_zeze.x
TikTok: _zeze.x
Snapchat: iam_zeeh

Email: masekozethembe49@gmail.com

I would really appreciate it if you guys would check out my blogging site. I write poetry. Please share it with your family and friends.

onlinepoetrydaily.wordpress.com

Your support will be highly appreciated 💞