| Chapter 27 |

Chapter 27:

Firstly, a big shout out to NightSongLightning thank you for your votes and comments. 🙌💕
And we reached 301 reads! I love uu all!

Happy Reading! ❣️

__________________________

"So what are you gonna do?" I asked Austin with teary eyes.

"There's nothing I can do. I just have to get used to the abuse." He said and looked down, avoiding my gaze.

"No Austin. You can't live here. You don't deserve all of this, no one does."

I looked at him with sadness. I didn't want to pity him because I also hate it when people pity me.

"How about you come to my house everytime your dad is home, that way you won't have to face him." I suggested.

"I can't leave my mom and Jessie. Someone has to protect them from that animal."

"You can bring Jessie over if that makes you happy." He gave me a small smile and nodded as if he was afraid that if he uttered a word, he would just break down and cry. Damn. I've never seen Austin so broken.

"Can I ask you a question?" I asked, tapping my fingers on the kitchen counter. What if now is not the right time to ask him this.

"You just did but okay."

"Ummm...why did you dump me in front of the whole school?" I asked. Despite what's happening I still need to know why he broke my heart like that. His eyes bulged out of their sockets. I guess he wasn't expecting that question.

"Oh Aaliyah, I'm so sorry. I just wanted to hurt you."

"But why?" I asked confused. Why would he want to hurt me?

"I just wasn't thinking straight. So much was happening at home."

"So when you told me you love me, you didn't mean it?" I shot another question. He looked at his hands, avoiding my gaze once again. He didn't answer the question as he stood up and walked out of the kitchen. Leaving me and my thoughts alone.

There wasn't much to do during the day since Austin was getting better. I didn't have to monitor him all the time now. I always relied on Jessie to cure my boredom. Mrs Ryder wasn't home that  often due to work, leaving the house to Austin, Jessie and I. And I haven't seen Austin's dad for quite a while which makes me very anxious. What will happen if he decides to come back again?

After the conversation we had in the kitchen, Austin hasn't been talking to me. He only replied with one word answers if I asked him a question.

FLASHBACK :

"Did you hear what happened?" Amanda asked whispering

"Fill me in." I said laughing. Amanda always knew what was happening around the school hence the reason she is the school's reporter.

"Austin just came back from a mental facility." She said

"What? Why?" I asked surprised

"Apparently he has some sort of disorder."

"Isn't he bipolar?" I asked

"Yes. That could be the reason for his mood swings. One minute he's nice the next he's exhaling fire." Amanda said.

END OF FLASHBACK

Is Austin really Bipolar or was it just a stupid rumor? And why did he go to a mental facility because I'm sure he's not crazy or anything.

Or was he?

Looks like I won't be solving my mystery anytime soon....

__________________________

For all those who are confused, the flashback was from Chapter 3

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow

Thank uu ⚡💕

________________________