“Fine,” he said, shaking his head. “I guess you wouldn’t like it if I invited to go to town and see a little pup. Ignacios ordered me to take a look at her. She accidentally consumed a copious amount of Wolfsbane.”

She raised her brow, her inquisitory stare finally making him jolt in sudden grace of excitement. He had caught her attention. Maybe going out for some fresh air was a good idea, she didn’t want to spend the whole entirety of her time here just cooped up. But was it really a good idea when she knew Wolves from the pack still harbored ill feelings towards her?

“A little girl, sick from Wolfsbane?” she said.

“Yeah, you would be my little assistant. If I’m not too broad to assume you would allow that, my Luna. I know you’ve been studying to be a doctor also, the wolves that knew you often told me you were always awesome in dealing with sicknesses back when you were still here. ”

An irritated twinge popped in her jaw, making her shake her head. My Luna. She mocked the term in her mind. She was surprised at how much information he had gathered about her. With a quick sigh, she strayed from the thought about his snooping.

“Please don’t ever call me that.” she said.

Gael’s thick brows met with confusion. “Would you be more comfortable if I called you my Queen, then?”

“No! That’s even more worse and stupid.” She exclaimed. “Lyra, just Lyra. Whatever Evan did to me, he must have regretted it. Why else would he leave me?”

“I don’t know about my Alpha’s own decisions but, people leave because of reasons we don’t want to know. Better leave it like that and as for me calling you by your first name, I’d rather not. It’s just too informal.” 

“Call me anything but Queen or Luna, please. Just anything, Gael. I’m not your Luna.”

He shook his head. “Okay, how about Ginger then? ‘Cause you know, your hair.”

His hand slowly reached for a loose strand of her red hair that hang on the side of her face. He smiled as he pushed it to the back of her ear. The gesture was purely an act of kindness. She could feel how much he had missed doing that to someone.

“Oh how about, Red? Ginger Red!” he exclaimed. “Oh wait, no. That sounds like hooker’s name.”

“My name, Gael. Call me Lyra for Moon’s sake.”

“Okay fine, boring old Lyra it is then. I could have called you Crimson Rose, you know. That doesn’t sound close to anything. Actually, I think there’s a pro wrestler named like that.”

“Gael.” She said, her tone filled with annoyance.

“All right! Get your things ready, Lyra.” He simply said.

She didn’t stick around for any longer, she turned on her heels and grabbed her phone above the seat cushions with her jacket, making a mental note that if this was going to be a mistake, this was going to be her fault.

~•°•~

The drive to the town was short. She had been bombarded of stories by Gael, unwillingly of course. He was a broken tap that only leaked fables from his own life. The roof of his black convertible was tucked away, causing the wind to intermingle with her hair, dragging it behind her as Gael drove with an average speed. The familiar sceneries that swooshed passed her made her pursed her lower lip. Her eyes skimmed over the structure of her old school. Little pups ran in and out inside the doors, their soft laughter making her bitterly smile.

As the road winded them up to the small town of Roark, she was immediately greeted by the stares of wolves that walked. While the humans that were oblivious about wolves stared at her with awe, completely enamored at her foreign beauty. She set her eyes in front of her, watching wolves and human’s alike performing their daily tasks.