Seventy Five

Mr. Summers was tied next to his wife on a chair near the fireplace while Austin and Brianna were bound back-to-back on the Loveseat sofa. All of them had visible cuts and bruises on their skin, because Emma slashed them with the scissors while they were still blacked out.

Mrs. Summers woke up smelling the stench of blood that was boiling from the kitchen. The gas had been on for God knows how long, and this radiated heat throughout the whole cabin. She found herself soaked with sweat and nausea.

Before the others woke up, Mrs. Summers scanned around to find any sharp object the maniac might have left behind, however, that had been irrelevant as she could not recall most of the past events.

"Honey........Are you okay?", she asked Mr. Summers as he woke up, but Brianna awoke before him.

"No. He's not okay, mom," Brianna whimpered in a low tone, "You've gotta stop asking these questions."

"I'm sorry, honey," Mrs. Summers replied, "What....how did we get here? Where's Sam and.......?"

"Mom, please stop it. Now's not the time," Brianna spat at her.

"Brie....never talk to your mother that way," Mr. Summers uttered faintly, "It's not her fault."

"I'm sorry, mom", Brianna said after a heavy sigh.

"Don't apologize, sweetie. Whatever has happened, we're all going to figure this out and get out of here. Where's Timothy?"

"I don't know......", Mr. Summers admitted, I smell gas. What's she going to do to us? God, why is she doing to us? What did we do to deserve this?"

"Just stop wallowing, Larry," Mrs. Summers went on, "We've gone through this shit already. Whatever is happening to us right now, it's all fate. Okay? Forget all about that shit, and let's think of a way to survive. Austin? Is he awake?"

Brianna nodded.

"Great. Honey, let's shift a bit closer to the fire, so it would melt our rope."

She did, but the look on the man's face read damnation. To their success, the fire did melt the bind clutched around them and they immediately embraced themselves in a hug. Mr. Summers started tearing, happy that his wife remembered his name.

"You remembered the name," he smiled smoothly.

"Yeah. I guess so," she replied, running her fingers up and down his cheeks, "We're gonna get out of here, baby. I promise, we will. And after that, we'll start all over again."

"Even if we do, we can't pretend this never happened," Mr. Summers admitted, "But I'll always love you."

"I love you too, Larry. I always will." Mrs. Summers cried, kissing him for a final time before bracing themselves for a surprise attack on Emma. When she came scuffing downstairs, dragging the bound Timothy by the leg, Emma saw that the parents had fled the scene. She bottled up her inner rage with a twisted smile, scanning the room with hawk eyes.

She wasn't playing, and Brianna and Austin knew it. No matter how hard they were struggling to free themselves, the siblings were just that terrified to warn Mr.& Mrs. Summers. With the scissors' tip pointed downwards and kept near her hip, Emma did two scans in the place they had tried to lock her up earlier, but she made sure not to fall for that trick again.

She scanned the kitchen, then walked back upstairs to one of the bathrooms. For a moment, she closed her eyes while standing in front of the mirror. Opening them, Willie's silhouetted ghost appeared behind her. It spooked her, but just for a brief second. She wondered why these inconsistent hallucinations just wouldn't go away.

Frustrated, Emma drew the shower curtain open, and out of nowhere, Mrs. Summers stabbed her to the chest with a piece of broken glass. It hurt badly, but Emma embraced the pain with a squirmy echoing noise. She aggressively grabbed Mrs. Summers' long dark hair and flung it to the wooden wall twice.

The damage inflicted was beginning to worsen the head trauma, but she fought back with a powerful blow to Emma's lips. Emma slashed the scissors across Mrs. Summers' face as well, and this time, it really hurt her bad. From behind, Mr. Summers swung the metal baseball bat to the back of the head.

Emma felt unconscious. Mr. Summers whacked her on that same spot again, but to his surprise, Emma never uttered an uncomfortable scream. That didn't stop Larry. It was time to onload all the hatred he had for this psychopath bitch after murdering the only sister he loved to hate, her husband and his nephew, whom he'd rarely been attached to. He whacked her back real hard, bursting into a loud howling scream.

He wanted to leave his mark on her. To let this bitch know that anyone could become a crazed, unremorseful lunatic after one bad day. Emma had stopped moving and Mr. Summers believed the family now had the full advantage. He grabbed Mrs. Summers and hushed her to wake up from the trance so they could free Austin, Brianna and Timothy on time.

But it wasn't over when Emma jerked awake and using a silent and deadly attack from behind, pummeled Mr. Summers to his knees with the scissors dug into his backbone. Mrs. Summers had been too far away to intervene on the nick of time, because this advantage was stolen by Emma when she grabbed the bat and repeatedly gave him the whacking of a lifetime.

She had never seen Larry take a beating so severe. Even before their marriage, her ex-convicted boyfriend would beat up Mr. Summers. This one had been extremely unstable. She wanted to cry and plead with Emma to stop. The whacks she had laid down on him smashed his head against the floor so wildly. Larry was beginning to feel his brains lopside, with some spewing out through his ear.

More blood splattered unto Emma's face. It wasn't till Mrs. Summers finally had courage to raise the WHITE flag did Mr. Summers fall unconscious.

"WAIT!", she pleaded. At once, Emma paused.