Thirty Three

"Where were you two before you found Jenny Louises dead body?", Det. Towers interrogated both Monsieur Pascal and Timothy. Taking a good look at the duo from Towers' view, you'd noticed they resembled each other.

Both forty-seven-year-old man and thirteen-year-old boy shared the same expression human beings got after seeing a corpse.

"I was with my student, officer...eh. Detective," Pascal swallowed, "It has been a very long time I vent to the bar to get drunk. See I was trying to deal with a painful divorce, Detective...A very awful one indeed. I try to drink but I realize it doesn't drown the pain away. So, an hour later, I go for a drive and I decide to come here but then I see my student at the main entrance and then I stop him, see?"

Towers read him from top to bottom by the exact time Inspector Cuddling and his investigators scanned the Janitors closet, the Assembly Hall, the restroom, principal's office, girl's and boy's bathrooms to the school clinic.

"What were you doing by that time, son?", Towers directed the question to the frightened Timothy, who was immediately ushered from the short trance he was just in. His eyes couldn't. No matter how hard they tried. Couldn't jerk away from the grotesque and bloodied face of his once edgy Math teacher Jenny. Those eyes were left bulging with red painted all over her once pretty face that now had similarity to the Annabelle doll he watched in that horror movie he couldn't believe wasn't yet showing on Netflix. Just that Jenny's look was more of "dead" than malevolent and possessed.

"Our class was having this field trip to the Lake Palm Farm this morning, Detective," Timothy uttered," I didn't want to go so I stopped at the KN. News station to....", he stopped abruptly for a very brief second to ensure he wasn't going to mention stalking Kimberly. Within that second, Inspector Cuddling was scanning the security cameras before Timothy went on, "...spy on people..." was what he thought of. Saying something that didn't sound awkward to draw out suspicion,"...Then I came by and found cars were parked outside. My first thoughts were to enter the main entrance because I wanted to know why the school was so quiet today. Then my teacher here stopped me. Then...."

Pascal's heart began to overspeed on the Mulholland Highway. If Timothy went on narrating the full story of the events that "are not to be spoken of", hell was definitely going to break loose. This soul-crushing divorce had killed him enough but to face a deliberate rape charge in front of the dead body of his fellow staff was going to kill him even more. He needed the quick escape. A quick act.

Pascal broke into tears at once. Timothy heard the sounds. He knew the faggot was faking it but the more he listened to the loud sobs, the realization dawned on him. Pascal's mourns were genuine.

"I'm sorry. This must be hard for you right now. I see that," Towers consoled.

"It's just....It pains me when things like these happen.....", Pascal cried, "She was a friend....She was so intelligent.....so true to herself......."

"I understand," Towers replied, doubting the thought of Pascal faking such an outburst of tears.

Inspector Cuddling and the team marched into the principal's office one more time. He rubbed his fingers over the table where Jenny tried to reach for the microphone, which was taken away by the Devil in WHITE. Its dark brown wood looked as though it was wiped clean a minute ago. Wiped clean of all traces of blood or brain particles. He saw the wire to the missing mic which had been disconnected. Scanned the wall and floor for fingerprints but all belonged to the victimized Jenny Louise, who had been prowling away from the Devil in WHITE. He did a double scan in the School Clinic. The needles that were used to perforate the victim's torso vanished. The team searched and still fingerprints that only showed Jenny scrambling for her dear life.