Fifty Eight

"Apologies. Sincere apologies, madame. I did not mean to startle you," said an aged woman who emerged from the dark shadows behind the Jay Flight, "I live down below the hill right next to the river. My husband and I. We're your neighbours, I believe so."

Mrs. Summers gave a very obvious smile and shook her hand, acknowledging the unavoidable fragrance of her. She had colored teeth that showed how much she couldn't lay off the smoking, wrinkled skin that created a presence of discomfort, a red helmet and headlamp covering her grey ponytail, a black rucksack, scarlet fleece jacket and black gloves.

"Hi. I'm sorry for the overreaction," Mrs. Summers replied, "I'm........you can call me Mrs. Summers. My family and I are moving in here too. You know, for the following week. It's our traditional get-together."

"I see," the old lady says, "How you rented this expensive cabin is going to be my mystery for the following week, I guess. Oh, forgive my lack of manners. I'm Margery, and that guy over there is my husband, Oscar," she pointed at the aged fellow with the similar scarlet fleece jacket, rucksack, headlamp, silver hiking pants and helmet, emerging with three sets of carabiners in his hands, "Oscar. Come say hi!"

When the couple introduced themselves to the Summers, Timothy realized Carl didn't quit barking. He took him out of sight and wondered whether it had something to do with the outbreak of rabies. After the couple left the Summers to their mountain climbing, Kitty's gut just spoke to her. She was about as ready as anyone of them for what was going to happen next.

"Here it comes", Kitty whispered to Mrs. Summers as she unpacked their luggage into the cabin home. Sam halted the family as soon as possible, then took out two spray cans while marching around.

"What's Uncle Sam doing?", Austin asked aloud.

"About to embarass himself. That's what," Toby quickly replied in an ominous tone.

Sam began spraying all around the corners, behind the LCD TV set, the brown Loveseat sofa, the black Wingback couch, the polar bear carpet and even the fireplace. He scrambled upstairs, doing the staircase, the window sills, the wooden walls and then the bathrooms.

"Dirty. Dirty. Dirty," Sam muttered aloud with his hand over his nose, "All dirty. No one is going to be staying in an infested apartment. No way hozay. Not under my watch. All filthy stuff has gotten go."

Austin tried not to laugh, but the moment just seemed to be so utterly disturbing. Kitty was dying of the humiliation and her worst nightmare came true. Her brother was caught smiling and giving out the stare. The family spent the rest of the minutes waiting for Sam to be done fumigating the area but Brianna's patience grew short. Toby was itching  to runaway at once but was forced by his mother to bare the humiliation of his father. The cabin did had five bedrooms after all. Brianna couldn't bring herself to smile at the sight of the single bed next to the large window frame on the left. She was immediately reminded of camping at the age of six.

However, she didn't care about anything but finding a damn signal to call Keith. Mrs. Summers grabbed her husband's waist by the time they were done unpacking in their room. She hadn't been entirely aware of what her hands were doing, but the reality of it felt so good.

They both gazed at eachother in the mirror with startled looks.

"What are you doing?", Mr. Summers asked.

His wife woke up from the absent mindedness but her hands couldn't stop.

"I'm sorry. Am I making you uncomfortable?", she asked hysterically.

"No. Keep going."

Her hands rose his shirt abruptly, then all at once she took it off. Next were his  glasses, then the most involuntary action took place. Mr. Summers grabbed Mrs. Summers' head with both hands and devoured her lips. The kiss felt so hyper. It was something the couple hadn't done in years. He kept on kissing her, and she kept on kissing him. Her claws grabbed his breasts very firmly and he uttered a faint cry that turned her on.

She did it again. Then the cry was heard. She wrapped both arms around his neck and devoured more of him until the two landed on the bed. But did the adventure last long? Even when Mrs. Summers unbuckled the belt and started kissing his less hairy chest ? It was as though the urge for sex was causing the dementia to fade away. She remembered all the moves. Had this been the answer she was looking for all this time?

"Wait", Mr. Summers whispered aloud, "Shouldn't we wait for everyone to go outside so we can have all the privacy in the world?"

"Sure. Yeah, sure. Definitely," was how she replied.

A few hours later, Kitty and Mrs. Summers were getting hands busy on the barbecue, preparing both of their finest homemade burgers, hotdogs and ham but the mood of the atmosphere was filled with questions.

"That was one of the most horrible moments I've had since the accident", Kitty grunted as she tossed the beef around.

"Why? I thought it was actually funny", Mrs. Summers giggled as she got out the buns.

"No, that. And the look on my brother's face," Kitty whispered, "He was smirking at me. Like one of those sadistic killers on the documentaries. I would have smacked the crap out of him."

Mrs. Summers was tempted to burst out laughing at the hilarity of how sad Kitty sounded.

"Hey, c'mon, Kitty", Mrs. Summers growled, "This is our family get-together. It's about time you two buried the damn hatchet, okay. I'm sick of you guys picking on eachother like babies."

"He thinks he's always better than me. Don't you get it?", Kitty whined again, "Since we were kids......"

"That's the point," Mrs. Summers broke her statement at once, "You guys aren't kids anymore. It doesn't matter what happened in the past. Just make up and be normal brother and sister again. I believe we'd be all happy with that."

"The only Larry I know is a complete retard," Kitty finalized," I don't think we can ever make up for the horrible things we've done to eachother."

"Oh, really? Then what about the night incident.", Mrs. Summers went on,"I remember him talk about the night you humiliated him."

"Oh, please," Kitty snarled, bursting with fury at the memory, "He deserved it. That two-timing, two-faced brat. He causes his own problems, you know."

"Hey. You're not going to believe what happened between me and him back there."

"Enlighten me, please".

"It was about to go down".

"What?"

"You know what I mean, girl".

"No. I mean...what? Just after one depressing family road trip and your libido's finally functioning again? So did it feel?"

"We didn't exactly hit it off all at once, you know. But honestly, it was amazing. It was like I knew myself again."

"Watch the fly!", Kitty yelled.

"Where?!"

"There!"

Mrs. Summers whacked the spatula directly at the piece of meat being grilled then waved it around. It accidentally hit Kitty on the forward.

"What the fuck!", Kitty moaned, "Are you blind now?!"

"I'm sorry. Geez!", Mrs. Summers giggled. Both mothers bursted out laughing.