Fifty Five

Timothy had his head pressed tight against the glass and gazed aimlessly at the blind bats screeching from the towering trees. The drive was getting more depressing. He tried not to stare at the rearview mirror so much, so as to avoid eye contact with Mr. Summers.

He had hated him for taking the family to their Deaths. The bats suddenly became large in number as he felt drowsy. The Jeep was making a horrible noise, like a deer being growled at by a tiger. The sky grew darker as it descended into the night. The temperature of the inside vehicle descended to a very icy cool.

He started to freeze. Timothy's gaze at the bat swarm took his entire attention away from his family, who he realized weren't there seated beside him. He marveled. Immediately, he scrambled for the steering wheel and skipped a dozen beats in his chest. The Jeep was roving out of control while being in the midst of bats.

His hands trembled as he turned a quick left to escape the entrapment. The attempt was failed. Timothy closed and opened his eyes again, this time, Mrs. Summers was seated next to him but her neck had been slewed open with blood oozing. Her golden shirtwaist dress was stained with her blood and her eyes popped out in the exact way as Jenny's. There were bite marks on her neck and face.

Timothy turned back in awe to see Mr. Summers, his guts sliced open and blood covering his entire body, a beheaded Carl, Austin's guts sliced open and Brianna's body burnt to her death. Timothy turned back, the similar far end he had encountered in his dream appeared, along with the WHITE silhouette. He wanted to stop the Jeep from going further but when he looked up at the rearview mirror, a strand of the woman in WHITE's blonde hair was now visible.

Her claws grabbed a hold of his face and slowly ripped off the skin. Bats flew in and out of the Jeep as it toppled over the side of the road.

Timothy jerked his eyes open, and the silence of the moment was still audible. If this was a real warning, then it meant their lives were at stake, Timothy believed. But hardly did any of the Summers take notice of him while he had been shaking during the dream. This Devil in WHITE could come out any minute.

Timothy wanted to keep his mouth shut of this, because the voice behind the head ordered him to. Who was going to believe him?

Austin? Brianna? Mr. Summers?

When it got dark, the Summers found a gas station they could stop by and Mrs. Summers too was starting to have this similar feeling that their vacation was about to be jeopardized as well.