Forty-Four

Something was being fried indeed and it didn't smell right the moment the alcoholic Elsa walked in. Questions started hovering over her head.

"Todd?! You betta not burn my kitchen again, you fucking retard!", Elsa warned. But no Todd. Just silence. She walked to face the mirror and straightened her long curly hair in order to look more presentable and attractive to Emma. As though she pretended to expect another foul-mouth word from Todd, there was nothing. She started to worry.

"Todd?!", she called out again. No response. Her curiosity level increased to the extent of venturing deeper into the zone of the unknown. What were the sorry excuses of men up to? Elsa walked past the exact floor Todd fell, twisted his neck and cracked open his cranium. Blood stains were wiped off immediately. Elsa scanned the Attic to check for signs of life, but nothing. She checked and to her confusion, found half of their stolen money gone. She knew one of them were trying to rip themselves off and her correct guess had been Jake.

She marched right upstairs, boiling with anger. But each step taken, she noticed the scent of whatever was being cooked was awfully wrong. That scent. It smelled like blood being used for stir frying tender meat.

Had something died, Elsa questioned herself while walking further up the staircase to find Emma. The scent was getting worse, it made Elsa want to vomit so badly.

What the hell are they cooking? A dead animal or what? Elsa blocked her nose as she entered her room to find that a certain someone had scavenged the place like a vulture searching for carcass. She wasn't bothered. All she needed to do was find Emma and what the hell Todd, Carl or Jake were frying.

"Emsie?!", Elsa called out, dying from the awful stench of dead carcass, "Emsie?! I've bought you your new dress!"

There was a response after that.

"That's great!", Emma yelled, "I'm mowing the lawn!!"

"What?", Elsa interrogated as she went further into the kitchen to discover the source.

"I'm mowing the lawn!!", Emma yelled. In reality, Emma was actually mowing the carpet in Todd's bedroom. Believing her words were in fact true, Elsa opened the door to her utmost curiosity. She had to open the door. The scent of dead carcass was worse than ever. Elsa felt sick and vomit was urging to spew out of her throat even though her hand had gagged it. Her eyes, full of discomfort and fear, opened the door wider to venture into the kitchen.

When she walked in, she realized curiosity was about to kill her. Todd's headless body was left on the exact table she and the guys ate breakfast and dinner. His fingers were chopped off and what was most peculiar, when Elsa's mind forced her to move closer and look, it seemed the fleshy, colorless tissue of Todd's open neck was burnt with something hot as a way to cauterize the wound. She couldn't speak for the first time. Elsa's eyes widened even more when she turned and spotted Jake.

Or what seemed to be, a half-headed Jake sitting with his shoulders hunched up and back rested on the lower cupboard. His fingers too were chopped off. When Elsa turned toward the source of the rancid smell, she spotted fingers that were being fried on the saucepan. Not just any fingers. Her eyes counted them as soon as they were spotted. Fifteen fingers were being fried. All the severed fingers of Todd and Jake. Elsa froze for a brief moment, but then a voice told her to look into the refrigerator.

A voice that had never been heard before. Blood was pouring down from the slightly open door, and when Elsa opened it widely, her spirit had flown entirely from her body. Todd's head was staring at her in the freezer. Eyes bulged wide, blood flowing from the pupils, from the nostrils, from the ears and a pool of blood surrounding the head like water around an island. A loud shriek of terror erupted from Elsa's lungs as she dropped the WHITE dress she purchased and ran from the Hell.

Her mind contorted, Elsa ran upstairs straight to Todd's bedroom, only to see the killer armed with the lawn mower.

"Wrong floor", Emma smiled as she raised the machine high above her head. Not finding the humorless joke funny at all, Elsa shrieked again and scrambled for the only escape door but her feet tripped over the blood stain from Todd's head when he was whacked across the face. Elsa struggled for composure, screeching the floor with her nails as she got up and ran.

Emma immediately caught her off guard, throwing one of Elsa's shoes to whack her head. Still conscious, she decided to run towards the bathroom but Emma caught her this time when she threw a second shoe at her head. This throw did damage when the end of the heel punctured Elsa's skull and made her fall to defeat. Smirking, Emma walked towards her and took her jeans off. She switched the lawn mower on and in her right mind, she decided it was time to mow Elsa's ass.

The machine sucked out everything from her body right through her anus and Elsa had never ever felt this unimaginable pain. The alcoholic screamed like a maniac, but in reality, all the windows were shut and curtains were closed while their ghetto-blaster was still playing Martin Von Trapp's song. Her intestines were sucked into the machine. Elsa just wanted to die and die quickly. But the Devil enjoyed this moment of pain. Her surrogate daughter. The woman she thought she loved, was the one to end her life for good.

Stupid bitch, Emma muttered, you should have run and never come back when you had the chance.

In a matter of seconds, Elsa's screams died down and Emma felt her life reduce and soar out of her body. Slowly, the Devil in WHITE felt Elsa's body become a corpse. She was dead, and at approximately 7:10, Emma felt the satisfaction she needed. After turning off the fire on the stove, she spotted the WHITE dress on the kitchen floor and smiled even more, but the attire looked more like a wedding gown. She peacefully then went upstairs to take another shower, cleaning off the blood and guts from her warm, silk body.

She sprayed herself with Elsa's Xyrena perfume and applied body cream that once belonged to Todd when he secretly acted girlish. With her new WHITE attire, Emma then came up with the perfect solution. The killer trimmed off parts of the dress and it was now a shirt she could wear publicly. Happy, Emma went down the kitchen again to continue frying Todd's and Jake's fingers. Von Trapp's irritating song made her feel like she wanted to kill the radio, so she changed the station to where Bob Marley's Chant A Psalm was playing.

The fingers now looked perfect, Emma muttered to herself as she placed the fingers on the WHITE plate she found. Using fork and knife, Emma smiled while slicing half of a finger that might have belonged to either Jake or Todd. She ate it and it tasted really good. Emma dropped both utensils and instead used both hands to munch on the finger, but the meal was interrupted by the unknown voice mail on her victims' house phone.

She heard every word, and was not pleased. Melinda, Dr. Cowen's daughter whom she had not known existed, apologized to Jake and told him how sorry she was for destroying their relationship. She was coming back. And now Emma was leaving. Leaving without a trace of evidence that that the Devil in WHITE was here. In her right mind, Emma placed utensils, plates, napkins and roller board into the microwave, turned it on and quickly made for the door, but what stopped her was the Russian landlord who was barking and complaining of unpaid rent money.

Emma heard his menacing voice and it looked like he might be possessing a weapon. She grabbed her pistol and purse, which now had all the money Jake was trying to leave with, before quietly exiting through the window of Todd's room. With rage, the Russian landlord budged in with a scalpel held in his hand. He scanned the living room, certain the kids had just runaway but then what startled him for the first time was Carl.

The axe still inside his head, the boy managed to be alive, yelling for the landlord's help in taking the sharp object out. Time had run out. The landlord was terrified and before he tried to run out, the microwave gave up and blew up itself, along with the entire apartment which crumbled down.