Sixty Five

"Kitty....Kitty, it's okay. He's gone...", Sam whimpered after hours of weeping did nothing to bring the lifeless child back.

"No! No! Let go off me!", Kitty roared and shoved his hands away from her shoulders, "See what you did to us?! Oh, my God! See what you did to our son?! You ignorant, selfish bastard! He was just fourteen! Now he's gone!!"

Sam lost his words because now his eyes were staring at his wife's dirty hands covered in Toby's blood and tiny splattered brains.

Stop doing that, that's disgusting, the tiny devilish voice inside his head spoke. Ignoring the sadness and tears of anguish the poor soul was baring.

"I don't.... I don't want to look at him like this," Sam cried, " Let's cover him up...."

"Don't touch me, you faggot! You freak! I hate you!!", Kitty roared with intensity, slapping him wildly across the nose.

Sam got up and made his decision. He was going to give up on everything, including himself, because this wasn't one of the worst days of his life. It was the worst. He melted and slumped on the Loveseat sofa, feeling so empty and void of all emotions. Sam would have taken his son's bullet if he had the chance. He wanted to die.

"I just wanna die!", Kitty wailed in agony, clutching Toby's bloodied head and swinging it in the rocker-by-baby lullaby way she usually did to him when he was still alive, "I just wanna die! I can't believe my baby's dead!"

"I'm sorry!" Sam apologized in tears, "I'm sorry for everything I've done to you, Kitty! I'm sorry for all the stupid things I've said! The way I treated you wrong! I want to take it all back! I want to take it back so hard!"

"Can't you see nothing you do's going to change anything?!", Kitty wailed again, shivering from the coldness of the atmosphere. If she wished to die with Toby, she should have looked at herself, because her spirit was now completely deceased.

When Brianna rushed to the kitchen to find her scared mother, she caught a glimpse at the 'DEVIL IN WHITE' carving, then panicked. Timothy and Austin helped Mr. Summers block the windows but Brianna intercepted them.

"I think I know who came here last night," she said, sounding very hysterical.

"Now's not the time, Brie!", Mr. Summers hushed her.

"Austin tell him already!", she screamed.

"What the fuck is going on with you?! Tell me what?!"

Austin paused for a moment to try to make what Brianna had spoken of earlier come out with actual sense.

"Someone attacked us last night, dad," he replied, "Brie and I. We were at the woods, and then out of nowhere this woman came rushing at us with an axe."

Timothy dropped the utensils he was holding when he heard the last words.

"What woman?", Mr. Summers said impatiently, "If there's something you're hiding, better spill it the fuck out right now, 'cause we are under attack."

"There was a man I saw," Brianna went on feverishly, "He was abusing some girl. I checked into his cabin to try and save this girl, but then I see those words Devil in WHITE carved on the floor. The same one is in the kitchen now."

But before anyone moved, another gunshot so fast ripped right through the wooden wall, just below where Kitty was clutching the dead Toby.

"GET DOWN!", Mr. Summers roared, pummeling his kids with arms flung wide. The sound of the gunshots was realer than any automatic fired on the Netflix shows Timothy watched.