Fifty-Four

The Summers had been able to cope with the moment of silence during the drive to Lake George Wild, so did Sam, Kitty and Toby, who had no idea of the evil hidden inside their Jay Flight RV.

The insides of Timothy chirmed and wailed with the wariness of imminent Death approaching the further the family ventured on the road. He couldn't find a possible way to warn them of how his nightmare mirrored the image of reality itself. He was stunned and frozen, the area at which they had roved from the streets resembled the one in his not very lucid dream.

He watched the expressions on Austin and Brianna carefully. His sister had her head pressed against the glass and pink earpiece on, unable to type messages to Keith. She had been under the weather during the drive because the last words of Mr. Summers were stained on her mind.

You're the menace of this family was what Mr. Summers said that hurt his daughter so much. Even worse, he blamed her fights with Austin for Mrs. Summers' failure to recover from her dementia. Since the morning, Brianna hadn't said a word to Mr. Summers, neither anybody. She was hidden in the ghost shell though exquisite in her suede jacket.

Austin wouldn't take his eyes off the Death Proof laptop as he began to obsess over what caused Emma Woodburn to snap on October 9, 2008. Timothy wasn't watching. If he had, then his inquiries to the woman in WHITE would be solved. He scanned through other articles written by Tommy Hill on Britannica, Katia Serena on All that's interesting, Church Saxton on The Famous People, and Juan Watterson on Findagrave.

The same history and different interpretations of the incident. None of them explained why she did it. Austin believed he would eventually go insane in this hectic search for some form of sanity. Mrs. Summers, on the other hand, kept on watching her husband while concealed under the seventh hundred and tenth page of How To Be the Next Jennifer Lopez.

She could tell he was upset over what he said to Austin and Brianna. He didn't mean it, but felt that the teens wouldn't stop hating him for it. The silence was getting too out of hand, so he tuned in the radio, and out came the news of the serial killer dubbed Devil In WHITE.

The burnt down apartment was the first to be mentioned but before the whereabouts of Brianna's friends were uttered out, Mrs. Summers terminated the noise by turning on the music. A few more miles ahead were a Burger Shack diner where the Summers, along with Sam, Kitty and Toby made a stop.

When Mr. Summers caught the eye of the beautiful Hispanic waitress with red top, Mrs. Summers felt the urge to launch a V2 Missile on them both. She could hear from a long distance, the tormenting words;

"Did anyone tell you, you look just like Quentin Tarantino?", was what the lady said.

"Yeah. People say that all the time," Mr. Summers shot back.

It got to a moment where he took the glasses off and recognized her as the lady who turned him down when they were at a bar in 2005. She might not have recognized him too, but the memory returned. Their smiles and exchange of words made Mrs. Summers just want to flip but not when Sam and Kitty diverted her attention.

She sighed in relief, upset over the funny thought that came when she imagined her husband's face while that lady began to slob on his knob. Toby, however, couldn't understand why Carl kept barking at the back of his father's Jay Flight RV.

After an hour, the Summers took off. The lady looked suspicious though. Like the feeling people in the horror films had when something didn't look right.