DISTRACTED

"peter?"

"peter."

"peter!"

he looked up from his notebook, his head hurting. the teacher, along with the class, looked at him.

he coughed slightly.

"yes?"

"the answer to this problem," she said, pointing a finger towards the board. he blinked a few times.

"uh, 43?"

the teacher nodded, telling him he was correct before hearing the bell ring.

peter silently collected his things before rushing out of the classroom and into an empty hallway. he felt like he couldn't breathe.

"peter!"

he smiled, looking up to see you there as you ran towards him, shoving yourself into his arms as he held on tightly to you.

"hey, how was smith's class?" he asked you, feeling you humming softly against his chest as he held you.

"boring, but i got to help ned with something."

peter chuckled, pressing a soft kiss to your head before grabbing your hand in his and heading towards the lunch room.

"hey, dude," ned said as he shook peter out of it. he looked up, noticing that in fact he was alone once more.

he looked towards him.

"what's up? you've been out of it all day."

peter grabbed ned's hand, pulling him off to the side. he felt his soul shattering. it was too hard.

"_____," he began.

ned nodded. "yeah?"

"she's," he tried to continue. he felt like he couldn't breathe. he felt broken- completely one hundred percent broken.

"she's dead, ned," he told his best friend.

ned's mouth grew wide as he looked at peter.

"what? how? when did this happen? how did it happen? why? i thought-"

peter suddenly burst into tears. he felt his body breaking down so quickly, he felt sick to his stomach.

"it was a messy fight, and somehow she found out where i was and was trying to help but he just-"

peter looked over at you, laying limp on the floor as he crawled over to where you were. maybe you were okay?

when he checked your pulse, he knew you were gone before he could even try to save you.

he cried- he just sat there and cried for hours that night.

this was his fault.

he brought you into this life of spiderman duties and danger and he had taken you right out of it.

he brushed the hair gently off your face, taking off his mask to observe your beauty again. one last time before he left.

he grabbed your hand in his, feeling how cold it was. he didn't want to leave you, but he knew he had to.

he had to take you somewhere else.

somewhere you told him where you wanted to be buried- and you told him about not wanting to have a funeral.

just a send off.

he got down on his knees at the river running through brooklyn's outskirts and watched your unmoving body in his arms.

"i love you 3000," he told you, feeling more and more sick by the second. he had done this.

it was his fault.

with a final kiss to your forehead, he dipped your body gently down into the cold water and watched as you floated away.

you were gone for good.

you were no longer with him.

"peter, i can't even imagine."

he felt empty and unbalanced without you here. you were usually just holding onto him tightly, resting your head in the crook of his neck, while he explained something he had done that day.

"ned, i miss her," he said in between sobs while he slid down the wall.

ned could only sit beside peter and be there with him.

you were the love of his life and now you were gone.

for good.

-
this is depressing jesus sorry

treat people with kindness.

K.