HEY, WHAT'S UP, I'M SPIDERMAN

Parties weren't your favorite place to go to at all- but once you heard the conversation that had occurred in the gym as you sat next to Liz on the bleachers, you were bound to go.

You knew of your boyfriend's secret- and you knew that a lot of girls probably liked him but you didn't realize that Liz did.

She just didn't know who Spiderman really was.

-
You were sitting next to her on the bleachers, listening to her conversation between Betty.

"See, for me it'd be F Thor, marry Iron Man, and kill Hulk." Betty said, looking over for approval of her other friends- including you and Liz.

You smiled as someone else mentioned who you were waiting for.

"What about the Spiderman?" They asked her.

Liz smiled. "It's just Spiderman and did you see the big security cam on YouTube? He fought off four guys!"

Betty laughed. "Who's crushing on Spiderman."

Your face became red as you looked towards your tennis shoes awkwardly. You couldn't let anyone know or see because they'd see right through your excuses.

"No way."

"Kind of." Liz admitted, blushing slightly.

"Gross. He's probably, like, thirty." Betty replied back.

The other girl nodded. "Yeah, like, what if he's seriously burned?"

Liz sighed. "I wouldn't care. I would still love him for the person he is on the inside."

"Peter knows Spiderman!"

You looked up at Ned- who had recently figured out his secret- as your eyes became wide with worry. The gym had grown totally, uncomfortably silent as everyone waited for Peter to say something.

Anything.

You looked at your boyfriend who scrambled to his feet quickly- your eyes locked onto his.

"Uh, no I don't."

Flash dropped from the rope he was climbing to see the conversation between Peter and the girls- including you- happen.

"I mean, yeah, I've met him, a couple times. But it's, uh, all through the Stark Internship. Yeah, I'm not really supposed to talk about it." He said, turning to Ned as he said the last part.

Ned didn't move and you stayed still with a beet red face as your eyes stared down Peter's every action and every word.

"Hey, that's awesome. Why don't you invite him to Liz's party?" Flash suggested. You wanted to mentally face palm yourself, out of fear of someone noticing how red your face was.

"Yeah, I'm having a few people over tonight. You're more than welcome to come." Liz told them.

"You're having a party?" Peter asked, his eyes meeting your frantic ones that added to your red face.

"Yeah, it's gonna be dope. You should totally invite your personal pal Spiderman."

"Oh, it's fine. I know Peter's way too busy for parties anyways so." Liz said, sighing slightly as  you didn't open your mouth to say one word.

"No, he'll be there. Right, Parker?" Flash asked, slapping him slightly on the shoulder as the bell rang and everyone got up to change back into their regular school day clothes.

You waited for Liz, Betty, and the rest of the other girls to leave back into the locker room until you rushed over to where Peter and Ned were already talking.

"What are you doing!" Peter exclaimed.

"Helping you-" Ned stopped, noticing you were standing right there with your arms crossed. "Peter, I forgot you had a girlfriend."

You sighed, face palming yourself as Peter just sighed in annoyance. "Ned, you can't just go blurting things out like that! Now I feel obligated to go."

Ned sighed. "Sorry, dude. I just got excited- and Liz has a crush on you!"

You nodded at that fact, your face become beet red once again as you felt jealously begin to bubble up in your chest.

Peter sighed, running a hand messily through his hair before noticing you looking towards the ground. He slipped his hand into yours before continuing with his conversation with Ned.

You smiled at the connection between you two. You knew Peter was a good kid and wouldn't leave you but he did have a crush on Liz for quite a while.

However, you somehow managed to sweep him off of his feet. You still weren't sure how you did it.

"Listen, Ned. You have to be super careful if you're going to mention anything about Spiderman. I cannot be found out. It has to stay a secret."

Ned nodded. "Okay, okay. I'm sorry." He apologized before turning and walking back to the locker room. You both listened until you heard the door shut.

Peter turned to you, sighing as he looked towards the ground. "What are we going to do with him?" He asked you softly.

You smiled. "He'll learn within a day or two what not to say and what he can say. He's new at this whole 'secret superhero identity' thing. You remember- it took me three days to know what I could and couldn't say."

Peter nodded, finding your other hand as he slipped it into yours. He pulled you into a tight hug- your face resting against his chest as he rested his chin on the top of your head.

"I hope Liz doesn't ever find out who Spiderman is." You muttered into his chest. He looked down at you in confusion.

"What?"

You lifted your face from his chest. "I said, I hope Liz doesn't ever find out who Spiderman is."

Peter smiled. "Even if she does, not like she can do anything to get with me or something. I'm already dating you- and I wouldn't trade that for the world."

You blushed violently as the bell rang, signaling the late bell for class.

You just stayed with Peter in the gym, feeling protected by your own Spiderman.

Peter Parker was your hero.

-
part two coming tomorrow.
stay tuned.

-katherine