ACADEMIC DECATHLON (VI)

recap:

"The dream. It was about Flash."

-

Peter didn't say anything. It was starting to worry you about what had come out of your mouth a few moments ago.

Had you messed up?

"Peter?" You asked gently.

He nodded, urging your continual string of thoughts to finish speaking.

"Peter, it wasn't anything between us. It was just a dream that showed what Flash thinks of us together and how he could do much better with me, for some reason. I'm not sure, but Peter," You said, pulling away from his grasp with tears in your eyes. "It was nothing serious."

You began to look over the edge of the roof, taking a few tiny steps forwards. There was a pool down at the bottom, but the hit would hurt.

Peter was busy looking down at his jeans.

You glanced towards him before whispering a soft 'i love you' that merely ghosted over your lips before you took the step off the building.

Free falling.

Peter scrambled to his feet, shooting his webs out and dropping down in time to grab your waist right before you both hit the pavement.

You rolled off into the grass, angry tears slipping down your cheeks as you beat your fists into the ground.

"Peter! I wanted it to all be over! I wanted this hell to end! I can't keep doing this!" You started to yell at him. The tears were running down your cheeks in streams now.

"Jumping off the roof of a building isn't a way to avoid anything! It's not healthy for you to feel like this is your only escape! It's just a guy! Someone who I can take care of!" He said back louder.

"Pete, you don't understand all the stress and pressure this is putting me under! I'm scared! I'm scared for you, for me, for us!"

Peter sighed, running his hand along his face as you tried to stifle your sobs more. You wanted to hold them back but you couldn't.

"Did you hear what I said before I did it?" You asked him, staring up at him while he reached out for your hands.

You gratefully accepted it, being pulled up to your feet. You stared up at him, watching as he shook his head a no.

"Pete, I love you."

No words. No exchange of hugs. No affection.

Not until a smile illuminated his lips.

"I love you too, ____. I'm always there to save you. I'll never let you go if I can stop it."

You let a smile grace your lips.

"Lets go to bed. Don't want Ned worrying about where I am. Besides, Liz is probably looking for you." Peter whispered to you softly in your hair.

"Can we just stay here a minute?"

He tightened his grip around you, feeling your body shaking from small sobs. You felt like an idiot.

"I'm so sorry, Peter. For putting you through so much." You apologized. He only smiled.

"It's okay, but we must be getting back now. I'll see you tomorrow when the decathlon is over." He told you.

You smiled, grabbing his hand as the two of you began walking back to the rooms.

-
part seven :D.

treat people with kindness.

-katherine