ACADEMIC DECATHLON

i'm supposed to be asleep so i don't sleep in class tomorrow but i was watching Spiderman Homecoming & i just felt the need to write an imagine about this :)
——

Peter sat on the bus next to Ned, while you sat in front of them with your eyes focused on a book in your hand- not paying attention to the constant string of questions being asked by Liz.

You could hear Peter whispering something to Ned, but you couldn't make out many words except 'Spiderman' and 'evil layer' which confused you even more than you already were with him.

You had been dating Peter Parker for a solid two and a half years now- and you still had no clue what was going on in his night life.

Whenever you tried to call him to come over, he blew you off for 'homework' or to 'hang out with Aunt May' which you can understand- but at the same time, it seemed odd.

You shrugged it off though, and kept your eyes glued to your book.

"Hey, ____. I just wanted you to know that when we win today, I'd like to give you the first reward." Flash said, taking a seat next to you.

You weren't sure if Flash knew that flirting with you annoyed Peter or if he actually liked you- but he always seemed ready to flirt. It didn't make you that uncomfortable but you were still in a relationship- so it shouldn't be allowed to happen.

"And that would be?" You questioned, your eyes still on your book and you took the time to notice Peter and Ned silent- probably watching Flash and what he was going to do.

"Well, there are different levels of the reward. Level one is on the forehead, level two is on the nose, level three is on the cheek, and level four is on the lips. We can skip right to level four after we win if you'd like." Flash commented, scooting closer to you.

You scooted away, keeping your book in your hands. "Flash, I'm in a relationship." You stated back. Your eyes never left the book to see his reaction to your statement.

"Yeah, but he doesn't have to know." Flash rebutted.

You shut the book hard- looking up at him with a small glare in your eye. "Are you serious?" You asked, which fury that dripped off your tongue.

He held up his hands. "I'm just saying! I could do you a lot better than Penis Parker could."

You rolled your eyes at him as he got up and went back to his seat that was diagonal from you. His eyes never left where your body was sitting.

You didn't hear Peter and Ned talking but instead felt Peter pull you to his side as you kept reading the book, your head resting against his shoulder.

"You wouldn't ever leave me for Flash, would you?" He asked gently. Ned listened intently to his words- being not only the guy in the chair but the guy who helped the relationship blossom to more than it was earlier on.

You smiled as you looked up towards his nervous face- seeing his brown eyes looking at you with anxiety and nerves laced throughout.

"I would never, Parker." You responded before turning your eyes back to the book. You could physically feel Peter relaxing as he snuck glances at you reading the book while Ned smiled at the two of you.

-
Everyone filed off the bus, heading in towards the lobby to check into the rooms while you stayed back to make sure no one left anything. Flash also stayed.

"So, need any help?" He asked you, glancing over to see Peter talking to Ned. Peter trusted you with all his heart- and the same went for you to Peter- and you both loved each other endlessly.