A SPIDER AT A PARTY

"It'll be fun!" You exclaimed to Peter, holding a flyer that was for a party at Liz's house tonight. You knew about Peter's reluctancy to go these types of social gatherings because of Flash making fun of him, but you really wanted to go tonight.

"Are you sure? Because I'm not about to get made fun of again." Peter asked, holding your hand as you walked to the lunch room together. "Oh, yes. I remember. I plan on preventing it. I'll talk to Flash."

Peter shook his head, setting his bag down on the seat, sitting right next to him while you frowned. Ned was sitting across the table from the two of you.

"Are you sure you don't want me to?" You asked. Peter only nodded, pulling out his lunch for the day. You shrugged. "Alright."

"What's going on?" Ned asked.

"Peter's reluctant about going to the party tonight, which I understand. I just wanted to tell Flash to, you know, shut the hell up or whatever." You told him, putting a bite of salad into your mouth.

Ned smiled. "Peter, you should come."

"I'll think about it."

-
"Is Peter coming tonight?" You asked Ned on speaker phone as you finished applying an extra coat of mascara. You heard a little chuckle over the phone.

"Don't think so, ____."

You let out a little sigh, frowning to yourself before shoving the makeup back in the drawer and shutting it. You grabbed a coat of Peter's you had stolen from him and grabbed your phone, taking it off speaker phone.

"I wish he would come."

"I know, but you have to understand how hard it's been. Bullying isn't helping him at all. I just want what's best for him and if that's what best, then we both have to deal with his decision. Besides, I'm still coming! Does that mean nothing to you?"

You laughed into the phone. "No! I love you, Ned! You're great! It's just, I don't know, he's my boyfriend and I guess,"

"You just wanted him to come. I know, ____. I'll meet you there in about fifteen minutes."

You nodded even though he couldn't see it. "See you then."

-
You arrived at Liz's house, spotting Ned quickly at the edge of the house, standing and looking awkwardly around everywhere as if he were waiting for someone special.

"Ned!" You called out, waving to catch his attention. His eyes drifted to yours as he smiled and raced over to where you were.

"Hey! Have you seen her house? It's incredible!" Ned exclaimed, grabbing your hand to tug you inside.

You laughed as he shoved through crowds and into the massive household where music was loudly playing, Flash being the DJ, and people shoved past everyone to talk to people or get food.

You walked over to where Flash was, looking at all the equipment laid out on the table.

"Come to see the prizes?" He said, giving you a smile and a little nudge. You moved out of the way, coughing slightly before nodding.

"Actually, I've come to talk to you about Peter. Can you stop bullying him?" You told him, giving him a slight frown.

Flash moved closer, smiling at you. "Aw, Okay. Just because you're being so cute right now."

You stepped back more, slightly falling off the stage. "Excuse me, I'm dating someone. Flash, stop flirting with me for once in your life. Why can't you go after Liz or something?"

Flash stopped the music. "Because I'm in love with you, _____. I don't know why you went out with that geek in the first place when you could do so much better but you're standards are just that low, aren't they?"

You looked out into the crowd, finding Ned's eyes as he nodded, reaching out his arm as you began to run off through people.

Flash stared at you while you continued to shove your way through the crowd.

-
"Ned, why was I so stupid?" You asked him, sitting outside on the pavement with tears running down your face. You had called Peter to come get you but he hadn't arrived yet.

"No, no, you aren't stupid. Flash can't just do that- he can't just admit something and call Peter all these horrible, untrue things!" Ned said back.

"But, I confronted him to stop with something he was doing that's hurting someone I love and I get this in return?"

You heard a car pull up before turning off, May and Peter stepping out of the car as you looked up towards them both. Peter saw the look in your eye, immediately taking you in his hold.

"Who hurt you?"

You held back onto him tightly. "Flash Thompson, that's who, Peter. God, I wish you had superpowers to be able to stop him."

Peter kept a chuckle to himself while he held onto you, Ned letting out a soft sigh as May came over to check on the two of you.

"____? Is everything alright? You sounded really upset on the phone." May said, watching as Peter let go to give you to May.

"Yes m'am, I'm okay." You responded politely, wiping your teary eyes. "Is it okay if I come over tonight though?"

She nodded, bringing you into a tight hug before letting go, walking back to the car to start it up again.

Ned looked over at Peter who was staring up at the stars in the night sky while you wiped your eyes once more, excusing yourself to go say goodbye to Liz.

As soon as you were out of sight, Ned rushed up to Peter. "Dude, you should've heard what Flash said to her! I'm surprised she isn't worse than she is now- I would be."

Peter looked back at him. "What did he say?"

"He basically called her out for finding someone less than her- having her standards too low. He was trying to hook up with her, dude."

Peter put his head in his hands. "Well, Ned, not like I can do anything about it, can I?"

"Maybe Peter Parker can't, but Spiderman can." Ned responded, watching as Peter's facial expression changed.

"She doesn't know about that."

He shrugged. "Maybe wait then, but eventually you'll have to come clean and tell her."

He nodded, watching as you walked out and ran back into his arms, pulling him closely to you while pressing a light kiss to his jaw.

"I love you." You whispered softly to him.

He blushed. "I love you too, ____."

-
longer but this is an older draft.

treat people with kindness.

-katherine

🌈☁️