BRUISES

WARNING: THIS DOES NOT CONTAIN ANY ABUSE. IF YOU NEED TO SPEAK OUT ABOUT ANY TYPE OF ABUSE, CALL THE NUMBER BELOW:

call: 1-800-656-4673

Being with Peter seemed all that he had promised it would be. Sweet, fun, and involving danger stunts from Spiderman.

Your father, however, was concerned with all of his stunts that he played while playing the masked hero— scared that something might happen to you.

You sat at the bar of your kitchen, working on some homework when your dad walked through the kitchen.

You glanced up briefly from the math you were doing to find your dad's eyes. "Hey, Dad." You said, setting down your pencil.

"Hey." He replied, beginning to walk upstairs before turning around again. "How's Peter?" He asked.

"He's good, why?" You asked, spinning to face him completely.

Tony was worried you'd find out about the accident from last night.

Peter was fighting off people and had gotten bruised pretty badly. It was a simple robbery but the guys were stronger than he had expected and he went home sore.

He was hurt, but he didn't want to show it.

"Dad?" You asked.

"Oh, nothing. I think you should just go see him." He responded, giving you a smile and pressing a light kiss to your head before walking up the stairs.

You looked back at your homework, eyes glancing back towards the stairs. Something was up with him. You knew it.

"Mr. Hogan?" You called out into the empty house. Happy Hogan appeared from the pantry holding a box of crackers while on the phone with someone.

He ended the call.

"Yes?" He asked.

You closed your books, stacking them neatly on the counter and grabbing your coat as you looked up at him.

"Tell my dad I'm going out to see Peter." You told him. He gave a soft smile. Happy wasn't a fan of Peter but he treated you like his own daughter.

"Alright, be safe."

-
You knocked on the Parker's apartment door with eagerness as you stuffed your cold hands into your pockets. You waited.

The door opened to reveal a tired looking Peter.

"Oh, hey, _____." He said, giving you a sleepy smile.

He had been trying to rest as much as he could ever since the accident that bruised his entire body. Only visible bruises were on his arms and some on his legs but not many.

"Is everything okay with you."

Peter's eyes stared back into yours and you could tell something was wrong.

You slowly pressed yourself into his arms to see if anything was wrong and when he flinched slightly, you knew something was up.

"Peter Parker, you better tell me what happened right now." You said with a stern tone, shutting the door behind you.

Peter took off his jacket to reveal the bruises lining his muscular arms.

"Oh my god."

"____, it's okay. It was just—"

"Peter, it's not okay! You're bruised everywhere! Your arms are practically covered in them! Oh, Peter..." You exclaimed, your eyes walking up and down his arms as you observed them.

"____, I was stopping a robbery and things just got out of hand. These guys were stronger than I thought and so I ended up getting hurt."

You looked up at him with a few tears in your eyes. "Are you okay?"

He nodded, pulling you into an embrace. "____, there's nothing to worry about. Your dad will always help me out."

You nodded. "I know, I just can't stand you being hurt."

"I know, I know. But if something ever happens to me that's so bad that I can't move, I'll always call you and your dad to help me out."

You held back on tightly to Peter, trying to keep happy thoughts in your mind as you slightly swayed back and forth.

"I love you, Peter Parker. Please don't go bruising yourself up again, though."

He nodded. "I'll do my best."

-
treat people with kindness.

-katherine