LUCKIEST GUY

"I'm sorry."

Your eyes looked through your boyfriend's, confusion spreading across your face.

"What?"

He felt tears coming in his eyes.

"You don't deserve this. I- I have to stop him."

Cocking your head in confusion, you watched him walk away from you and out the back door to the gym.

You were confused now- seeing as Peter was the nicest guy you had ever dated and it seemed as if he was changing.

-
It was later that night when you were on your way home, shoes in your hand as you walked back from the school dance.

You felt a whoosh of air behind you.

"_____."

Turning around, you saw Spiderman on the ground behind you.

"Oh my god!"

Immediately, you dropped your shoes and rushed over to him. Something about him smelled, lightly familiar.

"Oh my god, do I need to call someone?"

He shook his head, ripping off his mask.

"Oh my god."

Your tone of voice had changed as you stood up and backed away from him.

"Oh my god."

The oxygen felt as if it were being sucked out of your lungs.

"Oh my god."

Time felt irrelevant and everything seemed to be going slow.

"_____, I know it's a horrible time to show you why I left you but please- I'm badly hurt and I need to get home." Peter begged.

You nodded, helping him up and down the street.

You looked at him the entire time.

-
Peter threw on an old t-shirt over his plaid pajama bottoms as you watched his every move. Seeing as you were already in your comfortable clothes.

"So, when were you going to tell me about this little side business you're doing?" You asked Peter as he took a seat next to you.

He looked over at you, leaning against the ladder to the top bunk in his bedroom.

"I was going to tell you earlier but then everything started picking up pace with Vulture and having to fight off small things before that."

Your worried eyes searched his.

"Peter, I care about you a lot." You began, seeing his eyes now meet yours fully. "I want you to be safe, if you're doing this."

"Are you okay with it?" He asked.

You sat up. "I'm okay with it, but I just wish you had told me sooner."

You got up to leave and head home but he grabbed your wrist in his before you could go, spinning you back to face him.

He didn't say anything but press his lips to yours. You accepted it on impact, the feeling being sensational.

When you let go, a small blushed smile bloomed on your lips while you pressed your forehead to his.

"You really know how to make a girl smile, Parker. I guess I'll stay the night."

He smiled, pulling you into a hug.

He felt like the luckiest guy in the world.

-
last sentence = awe

treat people with kindness.

-katherine